Author Topic: Here's Six reasons Why...  (Read 464 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Here's Six reasons Why...
« on: January 27, 2017, 10:53:43 AM »
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: Here's Six reasons Why...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 11:21:33 AM »
I think a Sig will be my next new firearm...but then, I've been saying that for a couple years now. So many pistols out there!
I want them all!
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 11:49:50 AM »
I have been wanting a P227 SAS Gen2 Carry: (https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p227-sas-gen2-carry.html) for several years now. But, since I have the XDm 4.5 with 13-rounds and the XDm 3.8 with 10-rounds, the wanting the P227 with 10-rounds has taken a back seat - if not out of the car entirely.  With that said, I still consider the Sig P227 superior in many ways to the XDm. The P227 feels right at home in my hand, and unlike the XDm 3.8, the P227 actually fits in my hand with no "pinky" overhang.

The beauty of the P320 is in the modular concept. If you need a "shorty" you can have a shorty. If you need a full-size pistol, you can have a full-size pistol. If you need something in between, all it takes is money.

I think that the P320 will be a good choice instead of the "one size does not fit all" concept.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 12:14:29 PM »
When I was reading about Sig Sauer (sp?) construction and design concepts, I was impressed by what they said/say regarding the construction quality of their products.
I cannot remember exactly what it was that stuck in my mind, but it had something to do with steel sleeves or bushings here and there, where other manufacturers tend to allow softer materials wear against each other.  Something like that.
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 12:20:41 PM »
After I left the department, i had to sell my beloved Sig P220 when I hit on hard times. Luckily, I was able to hold on to my P239 and it is still with me today.  While low in the capacity department, this pistol is highly accurate. Like my 1911's , my Sigs will never have a rail.