Author Topic: Georgia Knife Rights Law Reform Bill Introduced  (Read 812 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Georgia Knife Rights Law Reform Bill Introduced
« on: January 27, 2017, 09:24:01 AM »
My EDKC (Every Day Knife Carry) is a Cold-Steel Kobun with a 5" blade that is carried weak side IWB. I find the length of the knife to be about the limit for me when carried IWB. Other knives are available to me and are primarily carried (or not) according to needs.

In Georgia, it is illegal to carry (but not possess) a "automatic" knife (e.g., switchblade or front-opening, spring assisted knife, or "Gravity" knife (Balisong).  I never had a need for one, but that doesn't mean that I don't know how to use them.

Georgia State Senator Bill Heath has introduced Knife Rights’ Georgia Knife Law Reform bill, SB 49, that would increase the legal carry length of a knife blade in the state from 5.5 inches to 12 inches. Sen. Heath was the sponsor of Knife Rights’ Georgia Knife Law Preemption bill that was enacted in 2012.SB 49 is co-sponsored by Senators William Ligon, Jr., Tyler Harper, Marty Harbin, Bruce Thompson and Frank Ginn.

Source:  http://www.ammoland.com/2017/01/georgia-knife-law-reform-bill-introduced/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=ac607dcc7f-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-ac607dcc7f-20763529
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.