Author Topic: 'Beating the Reaper' by Dr. John Meade  (Read 364 times)

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
'Beating the Reaper' by Dr. John Meade
« on: January 13, 2017, 09:35:36 AM »
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4NKHWK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1484328694&sr=8-6&keywords=john+meade

John is a friend of mine, but don't let that bias you against him.

He's an ER physician that has run emergency response programs and done training to many agencies. This book is based on his current trauma care courses for people like us. It details the basics of procedure and equipment and gives you a good idea of how to look at traumatic injury and how to deal with it during and after a shooting incident. Highly recommended.

Also available in print format if you prefer that.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

SARGeek

Re: 'Beating the Reaper' by Dr. John Meade
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 11:02:43 AM »
I have read it and it is outstanding!

Concise, practical, very, very dense in knowledge.

I was signed up for one of Dr. Meade's course in Colorado that fell through for lack of attendees. Very good stuff, especially of you have others you are responsible for protecting.
SARGeek

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: 'Beating the Reaper' by Dr. John Meade
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 11:19:00 AM »
The first tattoo I ever got is a full length Grim Reaper on my right forearm.
When people asked me "why" I chose the Grim Reaper, and "why" that location, I replied, glibly, that since he's on my forearm I can "keep and eye" on him, and thus avoid him.

This thread topic reminded me of that.  Otherwise my reply has nothing whatsoever to do with this topic.  Forgive me, please.
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.