Author Topic: Learn the Heart and Mind of Your Enemies:  (Read 532 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Learn the Heart and Mind of Your Enemies:
« on: January 10, 2017, 10:51:19 AM »
The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness: https://www.amazon.com/Liberal-Mind-Psychological-Political-Madness/dp/0977956318/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484073710&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Liberal+Mind

The Liberal Mind is the first in-depth examination of the major political madness of our time: The radical left’s efforts to regulate the people from cradle to grave. To rescue us from our troubled lives, the liberal agenda recommends denial of personal responsibility, encourages self-pity and other-pity, fosters government dependency, promotes sexual indulgence, rationalizes violence, excuses financial obligation, justifies theft, ignores rudeness, prescribes complaining and blaming, denigrates marriage and the family, legalizes all abortion, defies religious and social tradition, declares inequality unjust, and rebels against the duties of citizenship.  Through multiple entitlements to unearned goods, services and social status, the liberal politician promises to ensure everyone’s material welfare, provide for everyone’s healthcare, protect everyone’s self-esteem, correct everyone’s social and political disadvantage, educate every citizen, and eliminate all class distinctions. Radical liberalism thus assaults the foundations of civilized freedom.  Given its irrational goals, coercive methods and historical failures, and given its perverse effects on character development, there can be no question of the radical agenda's madness. Only an irrational agenda would advocate a systematic destruction of the foundations on which ordered liberty depends.  Only an irrational man would want the state to run his life for him rather than create secure conditions in which he can run his own life.  Only an irrational agenda would deliberately undermine the citizen’s growth to competence by having the state adopt him.  Only irrational thinking would trade individual liberty for government coercion, sacrificing the pride of self-reliance for welfare dependency.  Only a madman would look at a community of free people cooperating by choice and see a society of victims exploited by villains.   [From The Liberal Mind; The Psychological Causes of Political Madness  by Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr., MD]
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Learn the Heart and Mind of Your Enemies:
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 05:15:27 PM »
Questions:
1. Satirical: What's wrong with sexual indulgence?
2. Realistic: Most people are lazy, both in physical behavior and in mental activity, so if the state offers them a moderately comfortable existence with no need of physical or mental input on their part, why would accepting the offer be madness?

The dole creates lazy, indolent sheeple who are willing to give away their liberty in exchange for security.
The madness of the dole lies in those who offer it to the people, not in the people's acceptance of it.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 07:28:17 PM »
If I may offer a point of view here, I'll assert that the "giver" and the "receiver" must share responsibility.
Simply because, there can be no "giver" without a "receiver".  The two are mutually dependent on each other.

-sent from phone...typos possible-

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 08:02:25 PM »
Agreed.
I fault the "giver" exclusively only because he was the origin of the concept. There lay his madness.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 05:06:43 AM »
The givers in this case seem to stumble over these realities: Make enough of the populace dependent and you end up without anybody with the will to make stuff that you want and in the quality and quantity you need to be safe and comfortable at the top of the pyramid. And, you pretty much have to have guys with guns to help you stay on top of things. That's not the mistake. The mistake is thinking the guys with guns will be beholden and loyal to you for no other reason than your position and title or maybe the fewer benefits you provide them than they see that you yourself enjoy.

At some point, the givers run up against these realities.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 10:58:57 PM »
That thing about "will", I believe it to be true.  One of those universal truths that repeats itself, empire to empire.

If people could only learn from history!...NAW

-sent from phone...typos possible-

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.