Author Topic: Osprey Scopes  (Read 1919 times)

pfortypflinter

Osprey Scopes
« on: January 01, 2012, 05:10:43 PM »
Greetings, and Happy New Year

Has anyone out there had any experience with a scope manufactured by Osprey?

I did a little research regarding their warranty, and found that you "must have your reciept" for any warranty claim.  Other than that, they do not look too bad.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/osprey-3-9x42-mm-223-rifle-scope-black.aspx?a=753441

MilProGuy

Re: Osprey Scopes
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 10:45:26 PM »
I'm not familiar with that brand.

But, I'll tell you this about the Simmons brand...I returned a two-year-old Simmons rifle scope to the manufacturer which had begun to fog up inside; and was pleasantly surprised when they replaced the scope with a new one.  (I didn't have the receipt, either.)
Proud Veteran of the U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Coastie

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 09:42:29 AM »
I've seen that when I shop from Sportsmans....some companies also require that.  Haven't seen the sight brand, how does it appear to you? 

In looking at it, on your link, the price makes me think it's a little cheap...but that doesn't mean it's brittle.  Sometimes good things are often found at inexpensive prices...

After reading the reviews at the bottom of the link, it appears to be an excellent scope.  I say try it...

pfortypflinter

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 02:04:29 PM »
Thanks Coastie:

I plan to order one when they become available, and will let everynone know what I think after field testing.

pfortypflinter

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 06:09:53 PM »
I ordered this scope last Friday, and it arrived via UPS yesterday afternoon.  The eye relief is 3 to 5 inches, and the cross hairs are crystal clear after adjusting the focus. 

It appears to be very sturdy and durable.  I hope to take it to the range within a few weeks and give it a try.  I will give a report after testing.

{Spellchecked by Coastie}
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 06:12:19 PM by Coastie »

pfortypflinter

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 07:01:21 PM »
I took the Osprey out on Saturday in an attempt to dial it in.  It weather was windy and snowy, but I managed to rough it in at 50 yards. It produced clover leaf holes 1/8 apart using a tree trunk as a rest.  I plan to dial it in on a bench this spring when the weather gets warmer to see how it performs long range.

Coastie

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 07:18:52 PM »
Think you can snap a shot of your target the next time your shoot?