Author Topic: Gun Review: Springfield SAINT AR-15 Rifle  (Read 703 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

RickO

Re: Gun Review: Springfield SAINT AR-15 Rifle
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 09:13:43 AM »
Will Springfield be marketing a Saint in 7.62 soon??

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 09:50:35 AM »
Springfield may come out with an AR10-based model of the Saint. Their most popular rifle in .308/6.62x51 NATO, of course, has been the M1A series.  I think that Springfield's prime attempt with the Saint was to capitalize on the AR15-based market, of which they had no products. I am not sure if Springfield would want a direct competitor to the M1A in their stable right now. But, I could be wrong.

It seems that the major issue with the Saint is the hand guard.  Fortunately, hand guards can be changed out easily, and I'm sure that 3rd party vendors will be all over that at some time soon - if not already.  I handled a Saint at a LGS and it does seem to be a well-manufactured firearm. I have to agree with most reviews; however, the trigger definitely needs some work.

To answer your question, i can only say that I have not heard any rumblings in that direction.  If Springfield listens to those who have operated the Saint, and makes some necessary changes, a Saint in .308/7.62x51 would be a nice firearm to own (IMHO).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 01:15:21 PM by Taurian »
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

RickO

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 01:12:07 PM »
Thanks Taurian.... It is one I hope to see....