Author Topic: How's about...  (Read 1000 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
How's about...
« on: December 21, 2016, 01:09:02 PM »
... a Ruger 5-shot GP100 in .44 Special (http://www.ruger.com/products/gp100/specSheets/1761.html) or a Ruger Redhawk chambered for 8 shots of your favorite .357 magnum (http://www.ruger.com/products/redhawk/specSheets/5033.html)?

They are new from Ruger!!
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
How's about...
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 01:27:58 PM »
Saw that .44.
Looks cool, and no worries about looking like a non-gunner for owning a Charter Arms product.

And, one could shoot the high powered .44spl loads from BB with no worries too.

Too bad it's only 5 $hots

<Stand Tall.  Speak the Truth.  Never Surrender.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: How's about...
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 01:36:47 PM »
Saw that .44.
Looks cool, and no worries about looking like a non-gunner for owning a Charter Arms product.

And, one could shoot the high powered .44spl loads from BB with no worries too.

Too bad it's only 5 $hots

It's quality, not quantity, that counts ;D
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

oldranger53

How's about...
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 02:05:52 PM »
That one high quality.44 fee sure

EDITED:
I was on the road when I posted the original.

I MEANT to say,
"That is one high quality .44 SPL fer sure."
 8)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 03:22:40 PM by oldranger53 »
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 02:19:58 PM »
That one high quality.44 fee sure

Perhaps Hickock45 will get one of these. I wish that I could get T&E firearms for free :'(

flyover

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 07:37:14 AM »

Perhaps Hickock45 will get one of these. I wish that I could get T&E firearms for free :'(

Wouldn't we all enjoy that!

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 03:54:52 PM »
YEAH! . . . I got that email announcement and the drool started running down my chin.
Nasty looking thing that I would love to own one . . . . The 44 that is.
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."

pop pop

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 05:53:30 AM »
I have a 44 Spl 4" Charter Arms Bulldog. Charter is not the best quality, IMO, but I only paid 150.00 for it at a local pawn shop. It is was a steal because it is in 85-90% condition.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 06:28:36 AM »
pop pop, I would say that as long as the pointy projectile comes out of the end of the barrel at a reasonable velocity that you are good to go.

Ruger had to come up with some fancy timing components to come up with an 8-shot .357 magnum in a revolver. The Smith & Wesson Model 686 7-shot, I thought, was pushing the limits at the time it was introduced.  Many bought into it, though.

pop pop

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 06:55:24 AM »
I would love to get the new GP 100 because I like the 44 Spl. I have a 44 Mag 629, 4" Brl, that is a pre-Mountain Gun, which I can shoot the 44 Spl load in.

My arthritis and Neuropathy has put a halt to 44 magnum fire on my side of the fence. Just too much pain the  next day. My son-in-law loves the gun.

The 44 is a reloader's dream, if you like that sort of thing, but I don't do much reloading any more.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 07:05:08 AM »
I would love to get the new GP 100 because I like the 44 Spl. I have a 44 Mag 629, 4" Brl, that is a pre-Mountain Gun, which I can shoot the 44 Spl load in.

My arthritis and Neuropathy has put a halt to 44 magnum fire on my side of the fence. Just too much pain the  next day. My son-in-law loves the gun.

The 44 is a reloader's dream, if you like that sort of thing, but I don't do much reloading any more.
I put the Hogue "Tamer" grip on my .357 magnum GP100. What a difference shooting with this grip!  The Hogue "Tamer" grip has a gel insert that really soaks up the recoil.  They are large grips; however, and those with small hands may have a problem with the trigger reach.

oldranger53

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2016, 07:56:08 AM »
This thread is making me homesick for the .44 (anything).

Ok...(short pause)...I'm over it now.  :D

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2016, 08:09:08 AM »
This thread is making me homesick for the .44 (anything).

Ok...(short pause)...I'm over it now.  :D

No need to get over it - just get with it  ;D

But wait! There's more!  With a purchase of a new Ruger GP100 in .44 Special, you also get a free parking space at Ruger's website!  ;)