Author Topic: 10 Common Shotgun Maintenance Mistakes  (Read 283 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

flyover

Re: 10 Common Shotgun Maintenance Mistakes
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 07:31:38 AM »
The question I enjoy is when a new owner takes the gun apart and then asks me what to do with the leftover parts.  ???

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: 10 Common Shotgun Maintenance Mistakes
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 07:44:47 AM »
The question I enjoy is when a new owner takes the gun apart and then asks me what to do with the leftover parts.  ???
There was one time when I really got over my head. It was with a Marlin .45 ACP Camp Carbine. I went a little too far with the field stripping and had to take the whole mess to a gunsmith to put back together.  At that time, there wasn't the information available like the internet and such and I was too stupid to read the part in the manual that said "Do not disassemble beyond this point!"  Luckily, the gunsmith not only was able to put it back together, but showed me how as well.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.