Author Topic: Boberg XR9-S  (Read 974 times)

hogcowboy

• Rock Hill Ranch
Boberg XR9-S
« on: January 01, 2012, 02:38:03 PM »
Has anyone heard of a Boberg XR9-S before?  It is apparently quiet new to the market.  I'd never heard of one but stumbled onto their website today.  It has a rather unique feed mechanism not seen in any thing in small firearms available today. And it looks like you have to put your name in a pre-order que just to get in line to order one. If I'm reading right and viewing videos right it is the smallest "pocket" 9mm in production.  I was thinking about getting a Kimber Solo but reading and hearing about the quality problems I'm rethinking and thinking more about this XR9. In either case though  first year production has got to have many problems. Anyone have one?
http://www.bobergarms.com/video/boberg-xr9-patentpending-feed-1 
http://www.bobergarms.com/video/boberg-xr9s-rapid-fire-slomo

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Boberg XR9-S
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 04:21:31 PM »
I have not heard of any problems yet, but also I have not heard or read of anyone actually owning and using one. I suggest that you wait until the design has proven itself, before getting on line to buy one.

Generally speaking, it is not practical to purchase the very first iteration of any new product. This is particularly true when the product is very expensive, when it remains unproven at the time of purchase, and when you are going to place your life into its hands.

The Boberg design is complex. If it works without fail, the complexity is unimportant. But because it is complex, there is a lot more gagetry to fail at exactly the wrong moment. Nobody has "wrung it out" yet.

I suggest that you wait and see. If it is successful, you will always be able to buy the much more reliable "version two."
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

hogcowboy

• Rock Hill Ranch
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 04:24:42 PM »
That's exactly what I was thinking Steve.

Coastie

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 05:17:43 PM »
I don't watch videos much anymore, but the web site ( http://www.bobergarms.com/ ) was informative.  From scanning that I see that this new company seems to believe their new 9mm pistol is in the same league as the Rohrbaugh pistol, at least price wise.  In fact they even compare their pistol to the Rohrbaugh 9mm and claim theirs is better (did you note the "Submitted by Boberg" in their ad?)  But is it cheaper?  Not by a long shot!

While it is shorter in length than the Kel-Tec PF9, it is thicker and much heavier than that PF9.  Price wise, the Boberg is 2.8% more than the PF-9.  It seems to me that most of their web site is canned seeing that most of their web site was 'updated' on October 5, 2011....

No, I will wait until Gun Tests examines this weapon. 

MilProGuy

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 10:55:56 PM »
$949.00 is way too much money for me to spend on a 9mm pocket pistol...just sayin'.  :o
Proud Veteran of the U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired