Author Topic: Ruger 10/22 Target Rifle  (Read 799 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Ruger 10/22 Target Rifle
« on: December 18, 2016, 08:58:12 AM »
I just completed a review of the Ruger 10/22 Target rifle, which can be read at the blog site:

Ruger 10/22 Target (Model 1262) Product Review: http://guntoters.com/blog/2016/12/18/ruger-1022-target-model-1262-product-review/

Comments regarding the article, or the Ruger 10/22 Target rifle, are welcome.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

flyover

Re: Ruger 10/22 Target Rifle
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 07:40:02 AM »
Sounds like a very good rifle. I have an old as all get out 10/22, bought used, and put a relative cheap red dot on it. A few balloons on a breezy Kansas afternoon equals fun!

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 09:30:45 AM »
Sounds like a very good rifle. I have an old as all get out 10/22, bought used, and put a relative cheap red dot on it. A few balloons on a breezy Kansas afternoon equals fun!
Thanks for reading the article!

The Ruger is my favorite .22LR long guns to shoot - after a few personal "improvements" are made; extended magazine release, automatic bolt release, and bolt stop buffer.  I can highly recommend the Ruger BX trigger unit for the 10/22 (Ruger BX-Trigger Product Review: http://guntoters.com/blog/2015/06/06/ruger-bx-trigger-product-review/) over the standard trigger.  These improvements definitely make the 10/22 more pleasurable to shoot.

As I mention in the article, the extended magazine release and automatic bolt release can be installed in just a few minutes and require no gunsmithing skills.  They also work with the Ruger BX trigger unit.  The bolt-stop pin replacement with a polyurethane one quiets the action and helps to protect the receiver over the long haul - and can be replaced along with the trigger group work (mag lever and bolt stop release).  All are inexpensive improvements.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

flyover

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 11:11:14 AM »
I have read that the BX is a real nice improvement. I checked the Ruger website, the SR # on my rifle dates back to the late 60's. 67 or 68, makes me wonder how many rounds have been put through it in that amount of time?

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 11:21:37 AM »
I have read that the BX is a real nice improvement. I checked the Ruger website, the SR # on my rifle dates back to the late 60's. 67 or 68, makes me wonder how many rounds have been put through it in that amount of time?
If she is still shooting straight and true, and has been maintained, I would say that it is probably good to go.

flyover

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 07:28:18 AM »
As long as it is a round nose it feeds and shoots. Most of the truncated bullet types tend to hang up so I stay away from them.

LEJoe

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 05:46:32 AM »
Great job Taurian. Thanks!