Author Topic: Self Defense or...  (Read 895 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Self Defense or...
« on: December 03, 2016, 05:34:18 AM »
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: Self Defense or...
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 11:02:36 AM »
Eh, from everything I've ever heard about self defense legality, I'm going with the first shot as justifiable, with "follow up" shots not justifiable.
However, without knowing what preceded this series of events, or what (if any) relationships these people had prior to this engagement, it's impossible to know for certain.  I think.

<Stand Tall.  Speak the Truth.  Never Surrender.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 11:19:55 AM »
No comment . . .  .
Not enough information to make a judgement call.
If this is true than there is a DOUBT!
If there is any doubt . . . . . Not Guilty!
You cannot convict someone on what you THINK might have happened.

I hate these things when you only have SOME of the information . . . . .
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 03:52:55 PM by NorCalChuck »
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."

jtg452

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 05:37:42 PM »
Based solely on the footage, if he'd blocked me in, grabbed a club and started hitting my vehicle, I would have shot him, too.  However, once the threat has ended there's no excuse for shooting him when he's down.  Cover him, definitely but no more shooting unless there's hostile action.

The guy that tried to grab the gun from the shooter's hand would have ended up laying right beside or on top of him, too.  I don't know what he was thinking.  If he's not a cop, then he's got no business trying to disarm someone like that.

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 03:09:26 PM »
I've seen this video before, and believe it to be a real shooting, just basing on what I see in the video, I think he went beyond justifiable shooting, I could be wrong, but just don't think I am
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe