Author Topic: Having an Edge!  (Read 678 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Having an Edge!
« on: November 30, 2016, 01:01:03 PM »
Although I carry concealed, I have always been an advocate of keeping an edged device close at hand. Normally, I can be found carrying the KA Bar TDI or Cold Steel Kobun in off-side carry. 

The officer in this article, was certainty fortunate to be carrying his edged device.  This is one of those, "It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it" moments.

Tulsa Officer Gets Stabby After Suspect Gets Grabby: http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/11/30/tulsa-officers-gets-stabby-suspect-gets-grabby/?utm_source=badaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

jtg452

Re: Having an Edge!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 07:13:16 AM »
There's a CRKT M21-04 or a SOG Pentagon II clipped in my off side front pocket pretty much from the time I put my pants on until I take them off for a reason.  Initially, it started for the reasons the article brings up but I've found that it's just become a habit now.  I tend to grab the big knife that goes in the off side pocket to keep on me around the house and in the yard more often than I grab one of the smaller blades that normally reside inside (not clipped) my strong side front pocket.

SARGeek

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 08:12:15 AM »
I upgraded from my 12 year old CRKT M16 to a Benchmade Barrage in June and love it.

I started carrying a pocket knife at 7 years old and today I usually have 3 knives on me; the Barrage, a Victorinox medium size, and a Leatherman Surge. I usually use each of them at least daily. The Barrage is quick access and tends to get used the most so I make a point of sharpening it weekly.

Not carrying a knife is forfeiting the natural advantages of having thumbs without picking up the advantage of claws which we humans naturally lack. If I had claws it would be far easier to open modern packaging!
SARGeek

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 10:22:02 AM »
I have more knives than...wait a minute... scratch that.
I have plenty of knives.
Every day I must decide which to carry along.  Sigh.  Tough decision.

<Stand Tall.  Speak the Truth.  Never Surrender.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.