Author Topic: The Top 3 Handguns For Self-Defense, Conceal Carry, and Home Defense  (Read 655 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: The Top 3 Handguns For Self-Defense, Conceal Carry, and Home Defense
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 12:03:19 PM »
Again, "oh...another Glock praise. That's nice."

<Stand Tall.  Speak the Truth.  Never Surrender.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

flyover

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 06:55:16 PM »
Well, I carry a Glock, but not a 19.

oldranger53

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 07:51:59 PM »
Well, just for the record, I plan to get myself a Glock someday soon.  Most likely it will be a 10mm.  Is that the "21"? I know very little about them.  I'll learn, however slowly.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 05:37:57 AM »
Well, just for the record, I plan to get myself a Glock someday soon.  Most likely it will be a 10mm.  Is that the "21"? I know very little about them.  I'll learn, however slowly.

Glock G20, G29, and G40 are your 10mm Glock pistols.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 08:45:31 AM »

10mm is the G20, I think the G37 in compact form, and G40 in the longer-slide version. You can also get a G21-compatible barrel and magazines and run .45ACP in a G20 or get a G20 barrel and magazines and run 10mm out of a G21.

As to the article, I suppose it's reasonable given the market share and overall popularity of the Glock. I am also fond of the M&P series and wish I could afford more. (Would especially like to try the long-slide 9mm M&P.)
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

oldranger53

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 09:33:57 AM »
My son in law, over in WA has a G21, I think it is.  It's a .45 with 13 or 14 round magazine.
I've held it and fondled it many times in years gone past.
I used to think it was too bulky and blocky....but I've grown past that early view.
Nowadays the more I hear about the 10mm...the ballistics sound like a hi capacity .357 magnum in auto loader form. Sounds like a kick in the pants to shoot!

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 06:17:49 PM »
No comment . . . . . .
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."