Author Topic: How to Make Something Already Complex More Complex  (Read 1016 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
How to Make Something Already Complex More Complex
« on: October 26, 2016, 07:37:11 AM »
Concealed Carry Holster Options Just Grew via the New G2 Line from Urban Carry
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: How to Make Something Already Complex More Complex
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 02:37:49 PM »
What an incredibly stupid idea!
And yet, there are stupid people who will buy it.
They'll never practice presenting from it, so they'll never know how stupid an idea this is...until it's too late.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 05:14:54 AM »
Have to disagree with you, Steve. It does not seem any less viable than something like Thunderwear or Smartcarry and appears on the surface to offer easier access than that. For now, it looks like one workable option among others.

Can you be more specific about what you think is the matter with the concept?
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 05:41:08 AM »
I was waiting for the person in the picture to throw the material over his arm, like a waiter, and serve cocktails. Of course, the image was a still and that never happened.  That left arm and hand could be doing more important things like fending off an attacker, holding a flashlight, supporting the firearm, etc.

This concept takes the flap holster to a whole new level.

Hows 'bout a spring-loaded holster? The pistol is under spring tension and locked into place while in the holster.  Push a button that is located in the navel and the pistol springs out of the holster; whereas, you grab the butt in mid-air while performing a forward roll, and engage the attacker. 

They say that anything can be used. If for nothing else, as a bad example.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 01:56:32 PM »
Have to disagree with you, Steve. It does not seem any less viable than something like Thunderwear or Smartcarry and appears on the surface to offer easier access than that. For now, it looks like one workable option among others.

Can you be more specific about what you think is the matter with the concept? [emphasis added]

Taurian beat me to it.
(Great minds think alike.)
Steve,

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2016, 05:38:06 AM »
I was waiting for the person in the picture to throw the material over his arm, like a waiter, and serve cocktails. Of course, the image was a still and that never happened.  That left arm and hand could be doing more important things like fending off an attacker, holding a flashlight, supporting the firearm, etc.

This concept takes the flap holster to a whole new level.

Hows 'bout a spring-loaded holster? The pistol is under spring tension and locked into place while in the holster.  Push a button that is located in the navel and the pistol springs out of the holster; whereas, you grab the butt in mid-air while performing a forward roll, and engage the attacker. 

They say that anything can be used. If for nothing else, as a bad example.

So you never use your other hand to clear or hold clear your cover?

Again--I see the same thing as Thunderwear and Smartcarry and you seem to have no trouble with that. What is the real difference here?

If you can't figure our how that system works one-handed then I'm going to have to wonder about you guys (more than I already do, that is).

It's not as bad as you think it is for what it is.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 07:07:35 AM »
So you never use your other hand to clear or hold clear your cover?

No, I don't, but I do need both hands to cover myself should I be caught naked and unaware. If I happen to be wearing a sweatshirt, I will use the off-hand to lift the sweatshirt so that I can gain access to the firearm.  The only time that I do use the SmartCarry is when I am wearing bibb overalls, and I can access most anything that I want below the waist without assistance of my off-hand.

If you can't figure our how that system works one-handed then I'm going to have to wonder about you guys (more than I already do, that is).
Don't go fretting about us; somehow we manage to stumble along.

It's not as bad as you think it is for what it is.
It is probably a fine product, and chocolate-covered Dung Beetles are considered a delicacy to some. I am already slow on the draw, why would I want something that makes me even slower?

However, and in all fairness, perhaps I should purchase one for evaluation purposes and deal with the reality of the product rather than rely on my intuitive sense. A purchase would put all supposition on my part to rest.

I once purchased a set of windshield wipers for my car.  They were a fine set of windshield wipers; almost color matched to my car and even had wind deflectors to deflect the wiped rain outward from the vehicle. And, if I remember correctly, they were chrome-plated.  The second time that I used them, one of them flew off the wiper arm and was lost in the  bleak downpour that was the reason for using them in the first place.  So, I had one working wiper and and a wiper arm that was trying to etch itself into my windshield. In my foolish youth, I considered those wipers a "pimp my ride" accessory.  I also consider this holster system as a "pimp my ride" accessory, but I am not as foolish as I once was - just a better educated fool than I ever was.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 08:43:21 AM »
HoooooHawwww!

You guys never cease to crack me up!

Thanks to all for the laughter this morning! 

<Stand Tall.  Speak the Truth.  Never Surrender.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2016, 01:10:30 PM »
...chocolate-covered Dung Beetles are considered a delicacy to some...

Chocolate-covered dung beetles!
Yum!
(My mother used to say that if she put chocolate on it, I'd probably eat the dung itself.)

Taurian keeps beating me to it, so all I can do is sit here and ineffectually second his motions.

Oh, and, by the way, I do all of my presentations one-handed...until the pistol has gotten up to about mid-chest level, anyway.
I have spent a great number of years practicing the right-hand sweep that smoothly and efficiently moves a covering garment aside, to allow access to my EDC.

I have to admit that Jean uses two hands to access her pistol in its Smartcarry, but having done so there then remains no extraneous element of excessive floppiness for her to fiddle with.
The Smartcarry is intelligent enough to stay down in one's pants.
Steve,

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 12:24:47 PM »
I'm with Old Ranger . . . . . .
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2016, 10:47:36 AM »

However, and in all fairness, perhaps I should purchase one for evaluation purposes and deal with the reality of the product rather than rely on my intuitive sense. A purchase would put all supposition on my part to rest.

I'm not sure that your predisposition about the product will not bias the review negatively.

If you do get one be sure to send it to me so I can make a video of one-handed access for you. If you still don't like it then unless it doesn't work like I think it will I'll purchase it from you. So get one that fits...hmmmm...a G17 or G19, G43 if those are not options if you're going to try it. Or you can send me a 1911 to go with it--my birthday is coming up, after all, and you're not using that 14.45 much, right?

www.inshadowinlight.com

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 11:01:06 AM »

I'm not sure that your predisposition about the product will not bias the review negatively.

If you do get one be sure to send it to me so I can make a video of one-handed access for you. If you still don't like it then unless it doesn't work like I think it will I'll purchase it from you. So get one that fits...hmmmm...a G17 or G19, G43 if those are not options if you're going to try it. Or you can send me a 1911 to go with it--my birthday is coming up, after all, and you're not using that 14.45 much, right?
[attach=1]