Author Topic: I am not "Wigging Out" - Yet!  (Read 1161 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
I am not "Wigging Out" - Yet!
« on: October 21, 2016, 03:11:47 AM »
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: I am not "Wigging Out" - Yet!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 07:42:29 AM »
Interesting!
Very interesting indeed!

<Stand Tall.  Speak the Truth.  Never Surrender.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 01:07:13 PM »
I think that it may be a really good idea.
The total price, including having to buy the Hi-Point carbine first, seems a little high though.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 01:20:07 PM »
I think that it may be a really good idea.
The total price, including having to buy the Hi-Point carbine first, seems a little high though.
I think that the design might be right for a right-handed shooter, because the expended cases eject to the right and away from the face. With "bull-pup' design shown, us left-handed shooters could be wearing hot shell nose plugs, or having our teeth brass-capped, when shooting the thing.  The shell ejection side cannot be changed on the Hi-Point carbine as it can with the Beretta CX4 Storm PCC. Perhaps, adding a deflection shield, where shell ejection is angled out and down, might be a consideration.  Having my snot-box that close to flying shells does not excite me, but it may be considered fun by some.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 01:22:53 PM »
As always, lefties (Leftists?) would best shoot this gun upside-down.
Or inside-out?

Question: Should the gun be upside-down? Or the left-handed shooter?
Steve,

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 02:42:39 PM »
Better yet - bottom eject - Kel-Tec RDB - right for you - left for me  ;D

[attach=1]

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 04:53:28 PM »
If I could own either this or a Thompson Sub Machine Gun I would go with the Thompson.
Nostalgia wins out . . . .
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 06:25:49 PM »

This might be a better choice, except for its much-higher price.
However, I would still have an objection to it: It's very difficult to clear a jam from within its mechanism.
I would modify the action cover (the cheek-piece) to hinge open, either front-to-back or side-to-side, to make its breech much more accessible.
Steve,

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 04:57:38 AM »

However, I would still have an objection to it: It's very difficult to clear a jam from within its mechanism.
I would modify the action cover (the cheek-piece) to hinge open, either front-to-back or side-to-side, to make its breech much more accessible.
Yes, it is on the high side. There are people who like the bull-pup style of firearms. I am not one of them.

I like the the hinged cover idea and it would make sense to have something like that.

Personally, I like the simplicity of the Hi-Point carbine as it is. What I would rather see is Hi-Point developing one that would take higher-capacity magazines; the use of Glock double-stack magazines would be a bug plus in my book.  And, at least with the Beretta CX4 Storm you get to play with 17-rounds (9mm version).

Regardless of what is done to the Hi-Point carbine, it is still a Hi-Point.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: I am not &quot;Wigging Out&quot; - Yet!
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 09:00:38 AM »

Yes, it is on the high side. There are people who like the bull-pup style of firearms. I am not one of them.

I like the the hinged cover idea and it would make sense to have something like that.

Personally, I like the simplicity of the Hi-Point carbine as it is. What I would rather see is Hi-Point developing one that would take higher-capacity magazines; the use of Glock double-stack magazines would be a bug plus in my book.  And, at least with the Beretta CX4 Storm you get to play with 17-rounds (9mm version).

Regardless of what is done to the Hi-Point carbine, it is still a Hi-Point.
True.
And...true.

I had to get past the "Hi Point-ness" of the PCC in order to "allow" myself to accept one into the stable here.

Yet, after several hundred rounds downrange with gleeful and astounding accuracy...I found I could overlook the fact that it is a Hi Point.
I'm sure whomever is on the receiving end wouldn't care it it was a Hi Point or a CX4 throwing lead at (into) them!

It works, and works well.

Now, it's not something I'd brag about at the range, but then, we're not talking about "range" shooting, eh?

<Stand Tall.  Speak the Truth.  Never Surrender.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 06:01:47 AM »

You DO know that you can get 30rd magazines for Beretta 92s and CX4s? Botach and CDNN will likely get you the best prices. You're welcome.

As for the RDB--I want one. You may not like bullpups now but have you run them in buildings and around and in vehicles? The bottom ejection is just what I need for ambidextrous usage. The Tavor is good but even with a brass deflector still a bit uncomfortable shooting on the left. And the MI forend and flashlight make it heavier than I like right now. FS2000 is good especially with the front ejection but they don't make them any more. RDB is best in price of the new-builds coming out and has a good word for it from somebody I trust to give it to me straight.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 06:42:40 AM »
Yes, I do have a couple of 30-round magazines for the CX4 Storm. I have not yet function-tested them, though.

I do like the RDB, but it is just not on the wish list at this time.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2016, 05:19:26 AM »
Yes, I do have a couple of 30-round magazines for the CX4 Storm. I have not yet function-tested them, though.

Well do so at your earliest opportunity. The buy six more.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com