Author Topic: ProMag XD/XDM 13-Round Magazine Product Review  (Read 688 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
ProMag XD/XDM 13-Round Magazine Product Review
« on: October 16, 2016, 10:30:45 AM »
I just completed a somewhat over-thorough, non-succinct review of two ProMag XD/XDM 13-round magazines.

Anyone who owns a Springfield Armory XD or XDM that uses the 13-round magazine might find the article informative.

ProMag Springfield XD/XDM Magazine .45 ACP 13 Round Steel Blued Finish SPR-A8 Is it crap or CRAP?: http://guntoters.com/blog/2016/10/16/promag-springfield-xdxdm-magazine-45-acp-13-round-steel-blued-finish-spr-a8/

Of course, comments are welcomed!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 12:14:29 PM by Taurian »
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: ProMag XD/XDM 13-Round Magazine Product Review
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 01:37:43 PM »
Hey!  I love the cricket sounds!
I'll have something more to say when I finish reading the review!
HA HA!  Love those crickets!
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

RayMich

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 04:04:46 PM »
Considering that generally the weakest part of a semi-auto pistol is the magazine, I have decided to heed the warnings about ProMag magazines and have decided to stay away from them all together. Even at the prices you quoted, $30 vs $14.97 (Although I have actually found OEM Springfield magazines for considerably less), the price difference is meaningless to me when my life could be on the line.

The only non-Springfield labeled magazines I will use with my XD are made by Mec-Gar who makes the OEM magazines for several gun manufactures, including Springfield Armory.
- Ray -

"The Constitution is NOT and instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 04:30:41 AM »
The only non-Springfield labeled magazines I will use with my XD are made by Mec-Gar who makes the OEM magazines for several gun manufactures, including Springfield Armory.

Mec-Gar magazines are my first choice. So far, they have been reliable regardless of the firearm in which they are used.  I thought, due to the "excellent" price of the ProMag for the XDM, I would give them a try and evaluate them; the evaluation spoke volumes about the quality of these magazines.

You would think that a company that has received such a bad product reputation would try to improve things.

Since the review, I have purchased several XDM 13-round magazines. And, yes they can be found for less than $30 depending on how good a shopper you are.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.