Author Topic: ProMag XD/XDM 13-Round Magazine Product Review  (Read 1327 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
ProMag XD/XDM 13-Round Magazine Product Review
« on: October 16, 2016, 10:30:45 AM »
I just completed a somewhat over-thorough, non-succinct review of two ProMag XD/XDM 13-round magazines.

Anyone who owns a Springfield Armory XD or XDM that uses the 13-round magazine might find the article informative.

ProMag Springfield XD/XDM Magazine .45 ACP 13 Round Steel Blued Finish SPR-A8 Is it crap or CRAP?: http://guntoters.com/blog/2016/10/16/promag-springfield-xdxdm-magazine-45-acp-13-round-steel-blued-finish-spr-a8/

Of course, comments are welcomed!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 12:14:29 PM by Taurian »
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: ProMag XD/XDM 13-Round Magazine Product Review
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 01:37:43 PM »
Hey!  I love the cricket sounds!
I'll have something more to say when I finish reading the review!
HA HA!  Love those crickets!
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

RayMich

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 04:04:46 PM »
Considering that generally the weakest part of a semi-auto pistol is the magazine, I have decided to heed the warnings about ProMag magazines and have decided to stay away from them all together. Even at the prices you quoted, $30 vs $14.97 (Although I have actually found OEM Springfield magazines for considerably less), the price difference is meaningless to me when my life could be on the line.

The only non-Springfield labeled magazines I will use with my XD are made by Mec-Gar who makes the OEM magazines for several gun manufactures, including Springfield Armory.
- Ray -

"The Constitution is NOT and instrument for the government to restrain the people, it IS an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 04:30:41 AM »
The only non-Springfield labeled magazines I will use with my XD are made by Mec-Gar who makes the OEM magazines for several gun manufactures, including Springfield Armory.

Mec-Gar magazines are my first choice. So far, they have been reliable regardless of the firearm in which they are used.  I thought, due to the "excellent" price of the ProMag for the XDM, I would give them a try and evaluate them; the evaluation spoke volumes about the quality of these magazines.

You would think that a company that has received such a bad product reputation would try to improve things.

Since the review, I have purchased several XDM 13-round magazines. And, yes they can be found for less than $30 depending on how good a shopper you are.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.