Author Topic: Ruger Announces Temporary Discontinuance  (Read 685 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Ruger Announces Temporary Discontinuance
« on: September 16, 2016, 05:02:09 PM »
I just received an e-mail from Ruger that announced the temporary discontinuance of the M77 series of rifles. No reason was given for the discontinuance.

The temporarily discontinued rifles include:

• M77/17
  • M77/22
  • M77/357
  • M77/44 magnum
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Ruger Announces Temporary Discontinuance
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 10:32:43 PM »
M77/357 (Magnum?)?
M77/44 Magnum?
I didn't know that the M77 was available in pistol calibers.

Isn't the M77 the same action as the Scout Rifle?
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 06:17:12 AM »
M77/357 (Magnum?)?
M77/44 Magnum?
I didn't know that the M77 was available in pistol calibers.

Isn't the M77 the same action as the Scout Rifle?
Essentially the same, yes.  I reviewed my M77/357 @ http://guntoters.com/blog/2015/01/04/ruger-model-7405-m77357-rotary-magazine-bolt-action-rifle/

The M77/357 and M77/44 were the only pistol caliber carbines in Ruger's lineup (unless one considers the .22 as a pistol caliber).

Perhaps, like some other firearm manufacturers, Ruger will discontinue these firearms to increase sales and to determine if they will bring them back at another time?
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

flyover

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 08:58:46 AM »

Perhaps, like some other firearm manufacturers, Ruger will discontinue these firearms to increase sales and to determine if they will bring them back at another time?

I'm thinking that Ruger shut the line down on those models to free up the factory to produce more "in demand" rifles.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 09:33:41 AM »

I'm thinking that Ruger shut the line down on those models to free up the factory to produce more "in demand" rifles.
That is a possibility. The possibility of making these M77 rifles a "demand"is also there due the their discontinuance. I have the M77/357 and wanted the M77/44, but the M77/44 seems to have accuracy issues.  I have experienced no problem in that area with the M77/357.

Ruger has also announced a new product, but has yet to reveal what that product is. It is wait and see time.