Author Topic: I Always Enjoy...  (Read 572 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
I Always Enjoy...
« on: September 16, 2016, 07:44:28 AM »
...it when gun writers post their opinion about calibers and handgun that use those calibers.  If nothing else, it is very entertaining whether the opinion(s) is founded in fact or not. The debate about pistol vs. revolver will continue.

10 Reasons Why You Should Consider A Revolver For CCW
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: I Always Enjoy...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 02:23:41 PM »
Gosh... I need some cash to pay this month's bills. Now, what can I write about? Hmmm... Maybe I should make up a controversy. That'll be worth at least 300 words...

The imbecile who wrote the "Revolver for CCW" opinion includes the following gem:
Easy to Fix
Should something go wrong on a revolver, there are very few parts to replace. And if youĺre one of those folks who suspects that human civilization could collapse at any minute, a revolver is one of the few handguns that you can probably mill replacement parts for without too much issue.

That particular "gun writer" obviously has never looked inside of any modern double-action revolver. "Very few parts"? Really? And it'll be easy to make replacements? In what universe?
That's true of some single-action revolvers, but only an idiot would carry a single-action revolver for concealed-carry self-defense, nowadays.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, prŠparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 04:29:37 PM »
Ayup! You are going to find a cylinder pawl at your local ACE hardware. And, doesn't everybody have a machinist mill in their home workshop?

I agree with your assessment of the article, Steve. Apparently, another reader did as well.  There is nothing simple about a double-action revolver.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 04:34:27 PM »
Yeah, I'm with you Steve!  The author most likely was up against deadline and needed to get some text out there...and garner some feedback with it...pronto.

What better way than to start THAT controversy?

I understand, it's late and he was tired and dinner was ready...
Ho Hum...yada yada yada

<Stand Tall.  Speak the Truth.  Never Surrender.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.