Author Topic: Tennesee woman arrested at ground zero  (Read 3091 times)

DangeRuss

• MCRGO
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 03:58:15 AM by DangeRuss »
"In God we trust All others pay cash"
Member of
NRA
GOA
MCRGO
SAF
Member ACLDN

LEJoe

Re: Tennesee woman arrested at ground zero
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 04:10:03 AM »
A good example of the importance for travelers to check the laws BEFORE entering another state.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 08:00:34 AM by LEJoe »

rdpG19

• Some of my Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 05:31:20 AM »
You would think this woman was smart enough to check the NYC gun laws before she left Tenn. Hopefully they will go easy on her.
US Navy Veteren
Ruger SP 101 357 3" Barrel
Glock 19 Gen3
Taurus 65 357 mag
Walther PK 380

DangeRuss

• MCRGO
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 05:40:41 AM »
You would think this woman was smart enough to check the NYC gun laws before she left Tenn. Hopefully they will go easy on her.
They will probubly make an example out of her unfortunately. Bloomberg and his cronies will be all over this. I am suprised he hasent had a press conference telling people that if you bring a gun to New York this is what you can expect.

Russ
Member of
NRA
GOA
MCRGO
SAF
Member ACLDN

Willful

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 07:04:27 AM »
Geeze, if I see a "No Guns Allowed" sign, I leave it concealed, so nobody knows it's in a place they don't want it. If she was dumb enough to tell them she had it, she prolly still doesn't understand why she is in trouble.

Coastie

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 09:41:42 AM »

Which is why WE need to get the word out into all the states, so people WILL know!  Hindsight is 20-20 and nothing could help her.  Concealed MEANS concealed....  but now she is in deep, and as Russ mentioned she will probably lose her right to carry {at least in NY, where no one can unless they have the dream permit and from what I understand, very few do have it....}

DangeRuss

• MCRGO
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 09:55:23 AM »

Which is why WE need to get the word out into all the states, so people WILL know!  Hindsight is 20-20 and nothing could help her.  Concealed MEANS concealed....  but now she is in deep, and as Russ mentioned she will probably lose her right to carry {at least in NY, where no one can unless they have the dream permit and from what I understand, very few do have it....}
Well if she gets convicted for a felony then she will lose her gun rights no matter what state shes in. Hopefully a lawyer can get her charge reduced to a misdeminor so she might just get her ccw revoked for a short time. I wouldnt want to be in her shoes for sure.

Russ
Member of
NRA
GOA
MCRGO
SAF
Member ACLDN

Coastie

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 10:21:10 AM »
I wouldn't either...which is why if I see a "No Guns Allowed" sign (which is for those without a weapons permit) then I don't do anything.....just keep walking along...singing my song... la dee daa...(as that song goes...)  Concealed means "keep it concealed"...

I'm sure the woman learned, maybe, but she may not get a second chance...

DangeRuss

• MCRGO
Member of
NRA
GOA
MCRGO
SAF
Member ACLDN

pafindr

• Christus nos liberavit
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 03:36:33 PM »
I wouldn't either...which is why if I see a "No Guns Allowed" sign (which is for those without a weapons permit) then I don't do anything.....just keep walking along...singing my song... la dee daa...(as that song goes...)  Concealed means "keep it concealed"...

I'm sure the woman learned, maybe, but she may not get a second chance...

When I went to the Memorial in Sept they had metal detectors for people to walk through and x-ray machines for bags.
In some states No Gun sign carry the weight of law. So if TN has that law maybe that's why she told the cop she was carrying.
Do what you've always done, get what you've always gotten.

pstan13

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 04:25:13 PM »
City Councilman Peter Vallone Jr., D-Queens, chairman of the Public Safety Committee, said
“Clearly, the laws are too strict here, but that’s something we need to work out for ourselves without honoring licenses to carry guns in states where felons can carry them,”

In what state can felons carry guns?
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes."
-- Thomas Jefferson

DangeRuss

• MCRGO
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 04:38:59 PM »
City Councilman Peter Vallone Jr., D-Queens, chairman of the Public Safety Committee, said
“Clearly, the laws are too strict here, but that’s something we need to work out for ourselves without honoring licenses to carry guns in states where felons can carry them,”

Hes been drinking Kool aid with Bloomberg.

Russ
Member of
NRA
GOA
MCRGO
SAF
Member ACLDN

pafindr

• Christus nos liberavit
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 04:44:46 PM »
Federal law allows a felon who has been pardoned or has had their rights restored to carry a gun.
Do what you've always done, get what you've always gotten.

Coastie

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 07:44:10 PM »

Wasn't there something over on the old forum that someone had posted that felons were allowed to have weapons?

MilProGuy

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 08:32:02 PM »
This woman's experience should be a lesson to us all.

Know the handgun carry laws of the state / county / city you intend to visit.
Proud Veteran of the U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired