Author Topic: MAGPUL MOE Stock Upgrade  (Read 998 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
MAGPUL MOE Stock Upgrade
« on: September 07, 2016, 10:57:03 AM »
My Windham Weaponry (herein referred to as simply WW) "SRC" and Ruger AR556 MSRs had been upgraded to the MAGPUL MOE fixed stock. However, I was not comfortable with using a slip-on recoil pad to provide me with the LOP that I prefer, which is longer than most 6-position stocks.

Recently, I had ordered the 0.80" PRS Extended Butt-Pad for the WW as a test purchase. The test was successful and the WW SRC now has a 14" length of pull, which is right in my ballpark.  A second 0.90" PRS Extended Butt-Pad was ordered for the Ruger AR556 and should be in shortly.

For those who like a one piece stock rather than an adjustable stock for their MSR, I can highly recommend the MAGPUL MOE Fixed Stock. Extended Butt-Pads are available in 0.70"' and 0.80" and they use existing hardware to mount.

Standard Butt-Pad

[attach=1]

PRS Extended Butt-Pad (0.80")

[attach=2]
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

SARGeek

Re: MAGPUL MOE Stock Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 08:46:27 AM »
Very nice!

I have to share my AR with the girls (funny... they don't use the 45-70 much...) so the adjustable LOP is pretty often used. I'd be interested in increasing the max LOP though as even fully extended it is a tad short and neither of the girls fully collapses the stock when they shoot.

Do those same pads work on the adjustable version of the MOE stock?
SARGeek

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 09:55:11 AM »
Very nice!

I have to share my AR with the girls (funny... they don't use the 45-70 much...) so the adjustable LOP is pretty often used. I'd be interested in increasing the max LOP though as even fully extended it is a tad short and neither of the girls fully collapses the stock when they shoot.

Do those same pads work on the adjustable version of the MOE stock?
This might work: https://www.magpul.com/products/enhanced-rubber-butt-pad

According to MAGPUL: "The Magpul Enhanced Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.70" is an optional replacement butt pad for the CTR® and MOE® Mil-Spec stocks as well as all STR®, ACS-L™, ACS™ and UBR® stocks."
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

SARGeek

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 10:05:21 AM »
Thanks Taurian,

That does look like it would work.

I've even considered buying some 3/8" or 1/2" plastic and getting to work with the band saw and the belt sander but this may be a less expensive and easier option.
SARGeek