Author Topic: MAGPUL MOE Stock Upgrade  (Read 526 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
MAGPUL MOE Stock Upgrade
« on: September 07, 2016, 10:57:03 AM »
My Windham Weaponry (herein referred to as simply WW) "SRC" and Ruger AR556 MSRs had been upgraded to the MAGPUL MOE fixed stock. However, I was not comfortable with using a slip-on recoil pad to provide me with the LOP that I prefer, which is longer than most 6-position stocks.

Recently, I had ordered the 0.80" PRS Extended Butt-Pad for the WW as a test purchase. The test was successful and the WW SRC now has a 14" length of pull, which is right in my ballpark.  A second 0.90" PRS Extended Butt-Pad was ordered for the Ruger AR556 and should be in shortly.

For those who like a one piece stock rather than an adjustable stock for their MSR, I can highly recommend the MAGPUL MOE Fixed Stock. Extended Butt-Pads are available in 0.70"' and 0.80" and they use existing hardware to mount.

Standard Butt-Pad

[attach=1]

PRS Extended Butt-Pad (0.80")

[attach=2]
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

SARGeek

Re: MAGPUL MOE Stock Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 08:46:27 AM »
Very nice!

I have to share my AR with the girls (funny... they don't use the 45-70 much...) so the adjustable LOP is pretty often used. I'd be interested in increasing the max LOP though as even fully extended it is a tad short and neither of the girls fully collapses the stock when they shoot.

Do those same pads work on the adjustable version of the MOE stock?
SARGeek

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 09:55:11 AM »
Very nice!

I have to share my AR with the girls (funny... they don't use the 45-70 much...) so the adjustable LOP is pretty often used. I'd be interested in increasing the max LOP though as even fully extended it is a tad short and neither of the girls fully collapses the stock when they shoot.

Do those same pads work on the adjustable version of the MOE stock?
This might work: https://www.magpul.com/products/enhanced-rubber-butt-pad

According to MAGPUL: "The Magpul Enhanced Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.70" is an optional replacement butt pad for the CTRŽ and MOEŽ Mil-Spec stocks as well as all STRŽ, ACS-L™, ACS™ and UBRŽ stocks."
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

SARGeek

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 10:05:21 AM »
Thanks Taurian,

That does look like it would work.

I've even considered buying some 3/8" or 1/2" plastic and getting to work with the band saw and the belt sander but this may be a less expensive and easier option.
SARGeek