Author Topic: Fundamentals of AR Shooting  (Read 501 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: Fundamentals of AR Shooting
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 04:36:19 PM »
I remember one morning at Ft. Ord, filing into a room with the other BCT "trainees" there, seeing an exploded view of the infamous M-16 on the wall and thinking "Oh Boy!" to myself.

"Finally!", I thought to myself, "were getting to the good stuff!"

Out on the range (s) I was impressed at how FLAT that rifle shot!  Even at 400yds it seems as though that round and rifle could do just about anything.

Of course I grew out of that early fascination with the 5.56mm later on but I still remember seeing those silouettes  (sp?) fall over and over again, through the fog, in the rain, hands numb from the cold, headache from the 3.2 beer we snuck into our barracks nightly (run-on sentence?).

I still think about getting my own AR type rifle. Sigh. So far I haven't gone down that road...yet.

I almost bought a Windham something or other back in January, but ended up with something larger, as usual.

One of these days!...I know I'll do it when the feeling hits me...All the parameters will have to be lined up.  Desire, opportunity, means and availability will all have to be there at the moment "the urge" happens.

<Stand Tall.  Speak the Truth.  Never Surrender.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Fundamentals of AR Shooting
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 09:44:24 AM »
I vaguely remember those days  ;D

3.2 Beer - 3 parts headache to 2 parts beer.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.