Author Topic: Obama Wants a Third Term - Part II  (Read 1824 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Obama Wants a Third Term - Part II
« on: August 31, 2016, 05:15:49 AM »
Adding to the conspiracy theory regarding the POTUS using martial law (or war) to retain presidency, there are two more possibilities:

• The death of a presidential candidate. Of course, this would have to take place when there is not enough time to come up with a replacement candidate.  One would assume that the candidate's running mate would take over the reins, but there is no safeguard that allows such.  Read: http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-08-30/candidate-death-could-delay-or-eliminate-presidential-election
  • The candidate is indicted on charges serious enough to warrant the candidates removal.  Let's assume that Clinton wins the election.  Federal charges could then be brought against her just prior to the inauguration in January of 2017, thus nullifying the election and removing the possibility of her ever holding office.  Obama would remain in office for the next four years (or longer if he could pull it off) and the final "cleansing" of the United States would be in earnest.  To charge her now for her "crimes" would be too soon.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Obama Wants a Third Term - Part II
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 01:35:54 PM »
In both postulated instances, our Constitution specifies that the elected Vice President would become the seated President.

If the death or other incapacitation occurs just before the election, the party ticket would prevail; and if the ticket prevails in the election, the VP would be seated as the President.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 06:49:34 PM »
In both postulated instances, our Constitution specifies that the elected Vice President would become the seated President.

If the death or other incapacitation occurs just before the election, the party ticket would prevail; and if the ticket prevails in the election, the VP would be seated as the President.
True.

This theory addresses the time between the actual election win and prior to taking the Oath of Office.  The sitting president could (theoretically) suspend the win if the winner is held under indictment or dies - regardless of party.  However, in reality, it does seem that Congress has the say in this.

There is also Article II, Section 1 that addresses the inability of the President to discharge the powers and duties of the office. What if, and assuming again that Clinton won the presidency and is indeed sworn into office, she is indicted. This would mitigate her capability to discharge the powers and duties of the office and impeachment of her would be the only choice and the newly elected VP would then be promoted. 

I believe that you are referring to Amendment XX, Section 3 and Section 4; whereas, the Vice-president elect would become president until such time a President has been qualified?

We could really have some fun with this topic, yes?
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 06:56:17 PM »
Count de Monnaie: "Sire, the peasants are revolting!"
King Louis XVI: "You're telling me?"
Steve,

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 06:59:31 PM »
I deeply respect many GT forum members.
So, what I'm about to say here is not a slam in any direction and I firmly believe this....simply that the government will disregard any and all parts of the Constitution in order to achieve their desired results.

I want to be wrong about this, but I don't think I am.

Life as we knew it has passed already.

Suzi and I are going to vote and many others are going to vote, but I'm pretty sure it's already been decided who is to be the next "President".

I hope I'm wrong.

<Stand Tall.  Speak the Truth.  Never Surrender.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 07:12:36 PM »
When the office of the President is inhabited by a fool or a power-hungry weasel, we should be able to depend upon Congress to properly run the country.

As always, whomever we send to Congress had better be the best person available for the job.

How do your Congresscritter and Senators measure up? (Mine stink of Progressivism.)
Steve,

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 08:11:56 PM »
I was hoping Zinke would be the "saving grace" for Montana, but it seems he is beginning to weaken.

He has been like the "Little Duch Boy" with his finger in the dike (sp?)...keeping the North Sea out for a while.   

<Stand Tall.  Speak the Truth.  Never Surrender.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 09:24:10 PM »
Should I ask how the dyke is taking it?  ::)

No, I guess that I shouldn't. She might get angry at me.  :-[
Steve,

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 06:45:21 AM »
When the office of the President is inhabited by a fool or a power-hungry weasel, we should be able to depend upon Congress to properly run the country.

As always, whomever we send to Congress had better be the best person available for the job.

How do your Congresscritter and Senators measure up? (Mine stink of Progressivism.)
So far, Johhny Isakson and David Purdue are working out. My Representative, Hank Johnson, is a different story.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 05:46:28 AM »
All mine are doing okay. But Shelby is retiring which throws open the unknown and I don't know how long Sessions can keep going.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com