Author Topic: Para-USA 1911 "Expert" Review  (Read 910 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Para-USA 1911 "Expert" Review
« on: August 28, 2016, 10:45:31 AM »
My Para-USA Expert 1911 has been in my stable for quite some time. Today marked the first time that it had been fired since it came home new in the box. You can read my impression of it on the "Blog" site:

Para-USA 1911 “Expert” Review: http://guntoters.com/blog/2016/08/28/para-usa-1911-expert-review/
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Para-USA 1911 "Expert" Review
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 12:38:45 PM »
I like the review, mostly because of the 10 tons of bead-blasted humor you included in it.

How to smooth the trigger action of a Series 80 pistol:
1. Remove the firing-pin-block safety spindle (and spring, if there is one).
2. Remove the spindle actuating lever.
3. Replace the spindle actuating lever with a washer of proper thickness and inside diameter (Brownells).

Optional:
4. Replace the firing pin with a Series 70 model.
5. Replace the extractor with a Series 70 model.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Para-USA 1911 "Expert" Review
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 02:22:57 PM »
I like the review, mostly because of the 10 tons of bead-blasted humor you included in it.

How to smooth the trigger action of a Series 80 pistol:
1. Remove the firing-pin-block safety spindle (and spring, if there is one).
2. Remove the spindle actuating lever.
3. Replace the spindle actuating lever with a washer of proper thickness and inside diameter (Brownells).

Optional:
4. Replace the firing pin with a Series 70 model.
5. Replace the extractor with a Series 70 model.
Thanks.

I did not want to engage in how to convert from a 80-Series to a 70-Series trigger in the article, even though I know what to do.  If the piece was to be carried for the purpose of self-defense, I am, of course, going to advise against modifying the trigger at all - either live with it or separate oneself from the pistol for defensive use. There are just too many good 70-Series 1911s out there to chose from for defensive pistols.

With that said, there is a spacer available from Brownells that replaces the two major components that comprise the 80-Series. Here is a link to the video.

Bypassing the Series 80 Safety Components on the 1911 Pistol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6H1tUP6IwM
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.