Author Topic: Modern 9MM is Superior to .40S&W (says FBI)  (Read 2407 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Modern 9MM is Superior to .40S&W (says FBI)
« on: August 04, 2016, 04:44:36 AM »
The Yankee Marchall gives his viewpoints - and there is some logic in them

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0sIjw-zxSI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0sIjw-zxSI</a>

And, the follow-up video:

New Gen5 Glock? (Suck it FBI!):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El1w7kessrg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El1w7kessrg</a>
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: Modern 9MM is Superior to .40S&W (says FBI)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 11:13:23 AM »
We've all heard what "opinions" are like, eh?

<Stand Tall.  Speak the Truth.  Never Surrender.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 12:32:23 PM »
...Well, I think — and I'm always right, of course — that the only self-defense pistol cartridge that anybody should ever use is the .45 ACP!

Now, ask me why I carry a .380 ACP pistol.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 12:45:45 PM »
...Well, I think — and I'm always right, of course — that the only self-defense pistol cartridge that anybody should ever use is the .45 ACP!

Alright, I'll bite on that click-bait.  ;D
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 01:08:24 PM »

<snip>

I know why.

The .380 round LOOKS a lot like a mini-.45 acp.

Frankly, I like the .380, and think about getting one for myself before long.

I like them better than the venerable .38spl, truth be known.

<Stand Tall.  Speak the Truth.  Never Surrender.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 02:00:22 PM »
Why do I carry a .380 ACP pistol?

Because I am just arthritic enough that shooting a .45 is painful, and the pain makes the accuracy and quickness of my second shot problematic.

So, of course, the very best self-defense ammunition is that with which you can place your shots quickly and accurately enough to solve any self-defense problem.

Side Note:
With the new medication I'm using, it may be possible for me to carry a .45 once more. It got rid of much of my pain and discomfort. But I won't know, yes or no, until the kids are back in school, and I can use a neighbor's property for some quick practice shooting. Until school starts, the children have the run of the place, and thus shooting there is too dangerous.

P.S.: The FBI? Ha! What do they know? Their founder wore a dress.
Steve,

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2016, 02:53:03 PM »
...P.S.: The FBI? Ha! What do they know? Their founder wore a dress.
That's not entirely true, J. Edgar Hoover served as Director from 1924 to 1972, but he was not the founder.

The Bureau of Investigation (BOI) was created on July 26, 1908 and slowly evolved into the Federal Bureau of Investigation in 1935 (or thereabout). One medical expert categorized J. Edgar Hoover as a "bisexual with failed heterosexuality." He was just another gay guy who wanted his own "Private Army."  ;)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2016, 02:59:36 PM »
With the new medication I'm using, it may be possible for me to carry a .45 once more. It got rid of much of my pain and discomfort....
That would be a good thing, yes?

A 1911 in 9mm is a pleasure to shoot and the heavier weight of the pistol (even a lightweight commander version) helps to lessen recoil.

Just food for thought.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2016, 03:33:26 PM »
...A 1911 in 9mm is a pleasure to shoot and the heavier weight of the pistol (even a lightweight commander version) helps to lessen recoil...

Yeah. I know that, of course.
But if I'm gonna carry a big gun, I'm gonna shoot big bullets.
(Cue song: "Macho, macho man. I wanna be a macho man...")

I can't carry a full-size, full-weight M1911, all day long, any more.
What I will carry, if I can handle the .45 cartridge, is an all-steel, officers'-model-size, custom job that my gunsmith friend, Charlie Ries, built. It's heavy, but neither as heavy nor as big as a full-size M1911, or even an aluminum Commander.
Steve,

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2016, 04:09:05 PM »
...A 1911 in 9mm is a pleasure to shoot and the heavier weight of the pistol (even a lightweight commander version) helps to lessen recoil...

Yeah. I know that, of course.
But if I'm gonna carry a big gun, I'm gonna shoot big bullets.
(Cue song: "Macho, macho man. I wanna be a macho man...")

I can't carry a full-size, full-weight M1911, all day long, any more.
What I will carry, if I can handle the .45 cartridge, is an all-steel, officers'-model-size, custom job that my gunsmith friend, Charlie Ries, built. It's heavy, but neither as heavy nor as big as a full-size M1911, or even an aluminum Commander.
I like the "Officer" model.  The early Colt MKIV 80-series that I had was not accurate at all - at least in my hands.  The RIA CS that I now have is very accurate and, like yours, heavy. I am sure; however, that it is not the quality of yours.

I hope that the medication works out for you and you can get back to shooting the old "war horse" of a cartridge.