Author Topic: Wins 3 Million in the lottery, invests in meth ring.  (Read 524 times)

flyover

Wins 3 Million in the lottery, invests in meth ring.
« on: July 27, 2016, 11:33:47 AM »
I am putting this one here. Really, how stupid can you be?

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/3m-lotto-winner-pleads-guilty-using-prize-money-090725323--abc-news-topstories.html

$3M Lotto Winner Pleads Guilty to Using Prize Money to Fund Illegal Meth Ring
By BRIAN MCBRIDE
2 hours ago
Good Morning America

A Georgia man who won millions in the lottery could face life in prison after pleading guilty to using a portion of his prize to invest in a crystal meth operation.

Ronnie Music Jr., 45, of Waycross, Georgia, pleaded guilty last week to federal drug and gun charges after U.S. attorneys presented evidence that he "conspired with others to possess and distribute kilograms of methamphetamine," according to a statement released by the Department of Justice (DOJ).

"The investigation revealed that in September, 2015, Musicís co-conspirators were caught attempting to sell approximately 11 pounds of crystal meth, with a street value in excess of $500,000," said the DOJ.

Federal agents seized over $1 million worth of meth, a large cache of firearms, thousands of rounds of ammunition, multiple vehicles, and over $600,000 in cash as part of the case.

"Music decided to test his luck by sinking millions of dollars of lottery winnings into the purchase and sale of crystal meth," said U.S. Attorney Ed Tarver. "As a result of his unsound investment strategy, [he] now faces decades in a federal prison."

Music had won $3 million in a Georgia Lottery scratch off game in February, 2015, according to Georgia Lottery's website.

Music will be sentenced by a judge in the Southern District of Georgia and faces a maximum possible sentence of life in prison.

LEJoe

Re: Wins 3 Million in the lottery, invests in meth ring.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 02:43:09 PM »
Good grief Charlie Brown!

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 07:58:24 PM »
I HATE drug dealers, and anyone who makes their way through life by exploiting weakness in others.

Meth users are weak, very weak.

People who distribute the substance to the users are exploiting their weakness.

I hope the judge deals out justice appropriate to the magnitude of this moron's  crimes.

<Stand Tall.  Speak the Truth.  Never Surrender.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 08:15:19 PM »
My new descriptive device for such maroons and embezzles: Not the brightest candle in the menorah.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, prśparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 10:00:01 PM »
It appears that Music will be singing a different tune - like the Jailhouse Blues.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.