Author Topic: The End of Tolerance And Enforced Morality  (Read 489 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
The End of Tolerance And Enforced Morality
« on: July 22, 2016, 07:57:20 AM »
The notable thing about Culture War 4.0 is its consistent rejection of tolerance in favor of government enforced morality. Remember your Muad’Dib: “When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles.” The peaceful tolerance for those who are different now extends too far, for it encompasses people who do not abide by or fully appreciate gay marriages. The people must be brought to heel, and the new morality enforced by government over their religious objections.

Source: http://thefederalist.com/2015/03/31/the-end-of-tolerance-and-enforced-morality/?utm_source=The+Federalist+List&utm_campaign=93b468c652-RSS_DAILY_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_cfcb868ceb-93b468c652-83800717
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: The End of Tolerance And Enforced Morality
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 01:38:51 PM »
Tolerance?
To the Progressive, "tolerance" actually means prohibition.

"When I use a word, it means exactly what I say that it means!" —Humpty Dumpty (in Alice Through the Looking Glass)

Remember the Women's Christian Temperance Union?
You might think that "temperance" means using alcohol in moderation.
But, no.
To the WCTU, "temperance" actually meant prohibition. Alcoholic drinks were to be entirely forbidden.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 02:06:34 PM »
Tolerance?
To the Progressive, "tolerance" actually means prohibition.

"When I use a word, it means exactly what I say that it means!" —Humpty Dumpty (in Alice Through the Looking Glass)

...To the WCTU, "temperance" actually meant prohibition. Alcoholic drinks were to be entirely forbidden.
But, not forgotten.

I've been told that I am patient and tolerant. Both stem from the fact that I cannot afford to beat the stuffing out of someone who desperately needs it.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 02:34:57 PM »
...I've been told that I am patient and tolerant. Both stem from the fact that I cannot afford to beat the stuffing out of someone who desperately needs it.

Amen, brother!
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."