Author Topic: Ruger SP101 Novak  (Read 879 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Ruger SP101 Novak
« on: July 19, 2016, 02:57:47 PM »
The Ruger SP101 is one of my favorite "wheel" guns, even if it does not have Novak sights like the one in the review.

Ruger SP101 Novak: http://www.handgunsmag.com/reviews/revolvers/review-ruger-sp101-novak/
Amateurs study tactics. Professionals study logistics.

LEJoe

Re: Ruger SP101 Novak
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 03:23:31 PM »
   It wasn't long ago that someone we know and hold dear to our hearts put tape over our sights. There was a reason he done that....  not that sights aren't important... but there are bigger issues to address for most everybody. BTW, love the Ruger!!

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 03:38:25 PM »
   It wasn't long ago that someone we know and hold dear to our hearts put tape over our sights. There was a reason he done that....  not that sights aren't important... but there are bigger issues to address for most everybody. BTW, love the Ruger!!
I seem to remember that myself!

I just wonder, had the course been taught at a nudist camp, would it have been called "Bared Bodies Gunfighting?"

A visual of that just passed through my brain...........................I think that I need a drink.......................
maybe more than one!!!  ???

pop pop

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 05:06:40 AM »
I had a SP101 and really liked it, but it was heavier than my S W 642 Air Weight. My daughter wanted it for her hubby, so I let her have it.

I like Ruger Revolvers and have plans to purchase an SR 1911, hopefully soon.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 06:43:09 AM »
I had a SP101 and really liked it, but it was heavier than my S W 642 Air Weight. My daughter wanted it for her hubby, so I let her have it.

I like Ruger Revolvers and have plans to purchase an SR 1911, hopefully soon.
As luck would have it, Ruger came out with the 3" version of the SP101; a wheel gun that I would like to have but cannot justify the cost since I already have the 2.25" version. Heavy sigh!

If someone offered me a choice between the 642, LCR, or SP101 - I would choose the SP101 - I like heavy handguns - especially when I have to shoot the darn things. I have a Chief 36 and a 642. They are safe queens and have not seen the light of day in a very, very, long time.

The Ruger SR1911 (any of them) would be a good choice in a 1911.