Author Topic: Ruger SP101 Novak  (Read 1103 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Ruger SP101 Novak
« on: July 19, 2016, 02:57:47 PM »
The Ruger SP101 is one of my favorite "wheel" guns, even if it does not have Novak sights like the one in the review.

Ruger SP101 Novak: http://www.handgunsmag.com/reviews/revolvers/review-ruger-sp101-novak/
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

LEJoe

Re: Ruger SP101 Novak
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 03:23:31 PM »
   It wasn't long ago that someone we know and hold dear to our hearts put tape over our sights. There was a reason he done that....  not that sights aren't important... but there are bigger issues to address for most everybody. BTW, love the Ruger!!

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 03:38:25 PM »
   It wasn't long ago that someone we know and hold dear to our hearts put tape over our sights. There was a reason he done that....  not that sights aren't important... but there are bigger issues to address for most everybody. BTW, love the Ruger!!
I seem to remember that myself!

I just wonder, had the course been taught at a nudist camp, would it have been called "Bared Bodies Gunfighting?"

A visual of that just passed through my brain...........................I think that I need a drink.......................
maybe more than one!!!  ???
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

pop pop

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 05:06:40 AM »
I had a SP101 and really liked it, but it was heavier than my S W 642 Air Weight. My daughter wanted it for her hubby, so I let her have it.

I like Ruger Revolvers and have plans to purchase an SR 1911, hopefully soon.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 06:43:09 AM »
I had a SP101 and really liked it, but it was heavier than my S W 642 Air Weight. My daughter wanted it for her hubby, so I let her have it.

I like Ruger Revolvers and have plans to purchase an SR 1911, hopefully soon.
As luck would have it, Ruger came out with the 3" version of the SP101; a wheel gun that I would like to have but cannot justify the cost since I already have the 2.25" version. Heavy sigh!

If someone offered me a choice between the 642, LCR, or SP101 - I would choose the SP101 - I like heavy handguns - especially when I have to shoot the darn things. I have a Chief 36 and a 642. They are safe queens and have not seen the light of day in a very, very, long time.

The Ruger SR1911 (any of them) would be a good choice in a 1911.