Author Topic: "It Felt Like a Bazooka!"  (Read 1346 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
"It Felt Like a Bazooka!"
« on: June 15, 2016, 06:43:09 AM »
I dislike writers that convey feelings about which they have never experienced.  "It smelled of war!"  Really? Unless you have smelled death and destruction, how could you even relate to that?  Don't pee on my leg and try to convince me that it is raining!!

The recoil bruised my shoulder. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary case of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable.

It is a good thing that the Klutzman (whoops, my bad - Kuntzman!) did not fire a 12-gauge!  He never again would let go of his "Barbie" doll or leave his psychiatrist's couch!

Daily News Writer Somehow Survives Trauma Of Firing America’s Most Popular Rifle

Source: http://bearingarms.com/mike-m/2016/06/14/ar-15-law/?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad=
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 09:27:25 AM by Taurian »
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • Was a soldier, when it wasn't cool to be one
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
  • Location: Born in California, but Montana resident since 1971
Re: "It Felt Like a Bazooka!"
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 08:55:59 AM »
Oh fer cryin out loud!

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

EDITED : for additional thoughts.

That platform is one of the most docile and forgiving that can be found!
Now a nice M-60, just before dawn, that's the ticket!
The warm baby rocking in your arms...the staccato strobe effect lighting the immediate area as hot brass freezes in mid air, momentarily...while shadow figures dance and weave, up and down in the cold distance!

John Lennon got it right when he sang, "...Happiness, is a warm gun (bang bang shoot shoot)..."
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: "It Felt Like a Bazooka!"
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 09:41:24 AM »
A big difference between them and us....they see and smell death and destruction, we see and smell life and liberty.  While they wither in fear, we stand and deliver. While they kneel and extend their necks for slaughter, we kneel to find a more stable shooting position.
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • Was a soldier, when it wasn't cool to be one
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
  • Location: Born in California, but Montana resident since 1971
Re: &quot;It Felt Like a Bazooka!&quot;
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 04:50:09 PM »
A big difference between them and us....they see and smell death and destruction, we see and smell life and liberty.  While they wither in fear, we stand and deliver. While they kneel and extend their necks for slaughter, we kneel to find a more stable shooting position.
Roger that!

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.