Author Topic: DA/SA Pistols?  (Read 914 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
DA/SA Pistols?
« on: June 10, 2016, 03:56:29 PM »
Just something else to blather about.  One gets tired of hearing the same old caliber arguments. Let's take up another old argument, DA/SA pistols and what we like and don't like about them.  Personally, I have no problems with any pistol as long as I have one.  People get all whiny about long, hard double-action pulls and the transition to SA once the first shot is fired.

Bring along the jeez-flavored popcorn because here comes the whine party!

But, seriously, he does bring out a good point about increased safety with a DA/SA pistol and it is really hard to argue against that point. If a DA/SA pistol is safe, then a DAO pistol must be really safe!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP8F_cwotM8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP8F_cwotM8</a>
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: DA/SA Pistols?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 02:02:40 PM »
Well, I ran my CA Bulldog DAO for 2 years before getting myself a SA/DA hammer and installing it.

There's only one or two reasons I did that.

Mostly it was LOOKS!

There's something very strange about the profile of a revolver that has no hammer.

I like the looks, and I like having a choice.

Those are the only two reasons I did not stay DAO with that revolver.

That's about it for me.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 08:15:54 AM »
DAO is better than DOA on any day!!
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 11:07:04 AM »
DAO is better than DOA on any day!!
Indeed!

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.