Author Topic: Marauders!  (Read 868 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Marauders!
« on: May 31, 2016, 07:02:01 AM »
With a breakdown in society comes marauding with people scavenging for anything that they can use - and not use but just take because they can.

In this segment from "Doomsday Preppers" an idiot who's name is Tyler Smith claims to be a prepper - and he was prepping to take from others, by force, in order to survive.  Note that in the video he claims to be ready to defend himself from "Apex" predators while not copping to the fact that he is one himself.  There is a follow-up after the video that demonstrates what law enforcement thought about this "Apex" predator and what they did about it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn3PQJ9PHLY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn3PQJ9PHLY</a>

Follow up:

BUCKLEY, Wash. — When Tyler Smith appeared on National Geographic's reality show "Doomsday Preppers" he did so with rifle in hand. Smith, 26, shoots at targets and tests homemade body armor while narrating his exploits for the camera.

Smith is the leader of the survivalist group Spartan Survival. He founded the organization in 2005 to train and prepare others for various doomsday scenarios.

The problem is, Smith is a felon, convicted of communicating with a minor for immoral purposes and theft. He's not supposed to go anywhere near a gun.

"Even if he doesn't own the guns, he can't handle, have those weapons, fire them (or) possess them in any way," said Pierce County Sheriff's Detective Ed Troyer.

After spotting him on Doomsday Preppers, Sheriff's investigators began doing some preparing of their own, getting a warrant for Smith's arrest and picking him up Wednesday morning at a home in Bonney Lake where's he's been staying since he left his farm in Buckley.

"Doomsday Preppers" is a reality show that features people often described as survivalists stockpiling food and firearms, getting ready for the fall of society and a lawless future in which individuals must fight to stay alive.

Smith was prominently featured in a segment that aired in November 2013. On the show, he is seen firing several rifles to test his home made body armor, claiming it is superior to professionally made bullet resistant vests. "It's going to be light weight and stronger that anything you can buy in the  store," Smith said on the show.

He also bragged for the camera about his plans to raid and loot other doomsday preppers' supplies when the end times came. "All your shiny AR's your high powered .308 rifles, your 50,000 rounds of ammo are all going to be ours", Smith warned.

Pierce county investigators say it was those claims, and Smith's brazen use of firearms on camera that landed him back in jail. "What led us to this guy was himself. He put himself on TV and in newspaper articles and he did things that scared the neighbor," said Troyer.

Smith is a level one sex offender following his conviction in King county in 2009, but he has not registered with law enforcement since his move to Pierce county. Troyer said he could face an additional charge of failing to register as a sex offender.

As we prepare for natural and man-made disasters, this is something to think about - this kind of man-made disaster.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Marauders!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 01:05:47 PM »
I guess that I should hope that this chubby embezzle and his friends show up on our little island. Looking him over, I think that he alone would provide at least two families with "long pork" for about a year.

I'm sure that his, and his buddies', spare-ribs and fat-belly would be delicious, if properly barbecued. Not too much hair to remove first, either. (Low hair, lots of fat...low testosterone, maybe?)

My only worry is that his group wouldn't get as far as six miles from the ferry, where we live, before someone else got to them first.

And as for this chubby little eunuch being an "apex predator," I really don't think that anyone has much to fear from him, or from anyone like him. I bet that one of our raccoons could take him out.
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 01:19:33 PM »
I guess that I should hope that this chubby embezzle and his friends show up on our little island. Looking him over, I think that he alone would provide at least two families with "long pork" for about a year.

I'm sure that his, and his buddies', spare-ribs and fat-belly would be delicious, if properly barbecued. Not too much hair to remove first, either. (Low hair, lots of fat...low testosterone, maybe?)

My only worry is that his group wouldn't get as far as six miles from the ferry, where we live, before someone else got to them first.

And as for this chubby little eunuch being an "apex predator," I really don't think that anyone has much to fear from him, or from anyone like him. I bet that one of our raccoons could take him out.

And, I doubt that he had enough foresight to plan for his incarcerated stay.  Tyrone will be more than pleased to prep him  ;)
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 05:25:25 AM »
Some dude showed up on Paragon Pride forum for a short time with the same philosophy; has a website and a book on Amazon about it, in fact. He was traced to an address in California, which I suppose is good for him. Other places I know people around him would have his house posted with a bullseye and a note to kill him first thing if anything went seriously south.

Bad to plan from the get-go to raid others for stuff. Downright stupid to tell them you're going to do it.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 01:13:42 PM »
Some dude showed up on Paragon Pride forum for a short time with the same philosophy; has a website and a book on Amazon about it, in fact. He was traced to an address in California, which I suppose is good for him. Other places I know people around him would have his house posted with a bullseye and a note to kill him first thing if anything went seriously south.

Bad to plan from the get-go to raid others for stuff. Downright stupid to tell them you're going to do it.
Exactly right.

One of the first things to "go" once the SHTF, is honor.
From my perspective, there's SELDOM a real need to dump honor for the sake of survival.

There are rare occasions when a guy may need to put his honor on the back shelf for a while...but RARE is the operative word here, VERY VERY RARE.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 01:26:44 PM »
...There are rare occasions when a guy may need to put his honor on the back shelf for a while...but RARE is the operative word here, VERY VERY RARE.

+1
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 05:16:19 AM »
...There are rare occasions when a guy may need to put his honor on the back shelf for a while...but RARE is the operative word here, VERY VERY RARE.

+1

I agree.

NorCalChuck

• Redwood Practical Shooters
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 11:18:41 AM »
Well I might like to add . . . . . VERY VERY VERY VERY RARE!
"We will have a good government as long as those that govern are effected by those laws that they pass. When those that are passing the laws are no longer effected by those laws then they will no longer pass good laws."