Author Topic: Slippery Slope?  (Read 479 times)

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Slippery Slope?
« on: May 21, 2016, 09:04:14 AM »
Not sure where to put this, but here goes...

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2016/05/21/fbi-preventing-patriots-from-buying-guns-people-are-now-being-turned-down-on-misdemeanors/

Seems that nowadays a person can be denied an "above the table" gun purchase for a misdemeanor record.

By the time stuff like this gets attention from the news media, it's been going on a while, in my opinion.

"Things" are already worse than we know, I believe.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Slippery Slope?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 11:49:51 AM »
What? You did not know that the 2nd Amendment is discretionary?

There was a time when one's bearing of arms was discretionary - usually to the discretion of the bearer.  Today, the right for you to carry arms is up to the discretion of someone else and may include taxes, titles, licenses, and fees let alone for some to pass an exam even before purchasing a firearm that is on an approved list.

I remember as a youngster, long before we had a government that was not by the people and against the people, the firearms exam was whether you could bring home a few pheasants, turkey, or deer home after a hunt. If you were able to eat what you hunted - you passed.

There was always something that wanted to kill you and eat you. There was always someone who wanted to kill you just because they could. It doesn't seem as though we have come far from those times.

How many criminals have you heard of that have come forward and said, Gun control!  That's totally wrong, man!  We like a challenge while we are trying to rape and pillage!  We have guns, so let the citizens have guns so we can have adversarial fun together!  Yeah, let's have some adversarial gun fun together!

I will defend myself, and have the means to defend myself, at my own discretion thank you.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.