Author Topic: police ruled on the side of the home owner!  (Read 1065 times)

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
police ruled on the side of the home owner!
« on: May 11, 2016, 11:14:34 AM »
http://www.wbrc.com/story/31938668/fatal-shooting-of-women-in-center-point-ruled-justifiable?sf26028073=1

JEFFERSON COUNTY, AL (WBRC) - No charges will be filed in the deadly shooting of a woman killed while trying to force her way into a Center Point home in April, the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office announced on Tuesday.
Jasmine Lashenay Nixon, 23, of Birmingham was fatally shot “as she attempted to force her way into a home” in the 500 block of 16th Terrace NW on April 28.
Deputies found Nixon on the home’s front porch, suffering from a gunshot wound. She was taken to a hospital where she was later pronounced dead.
Investigators believe Nixon and six other people, including one person armed with a taser, went to the home to confront a 17-year-old boy who had been in an altercation with Nixon’s teenage sister earlier in the day, Chief Deputy Randy Christian said.
“Nixon knocked on the door and, when the teen’s mother opened it, she pushed her way inside. The mother was knocked to the floor and called for help. Her husband fired one shot from a handgun, striking and fatally injuring Nixon,” Christian said.
The District Attorney’s Office reviewed the case and decided that no one would be charged in the shooting.
“It is sad day anytime there is a loss of life and we are sorry for the family that lost a loved one. This incident should have ended with the altercation between the two teenagers. When someone forces their way into your home, especially with bad intentions, you have a right to protect yourself. The law supports that and that is the case here,” Christian said.
Time will tell.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: police ruled on the side of the home owner!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 01:41:48 PM »
Fair enough.
Too many people these days think that they can do whatever suits them, including the intrusion into someone else's home.
I'm a little sorry that more of those hostile intrusions don't end up this way...but that's just me.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 06:55:37 AM »
Fair enough.
Too many people these days think that they can do whatever suits them, including the intrusion into someone else's home.
I'm a little sorry that more of those hostile intrusions don't end up this way...but that's just me.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

I have to agree.  Too many feel that they can act out without being held accountable for their action(s).  The source for this sense of entitlement can be bantered for quite some time.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

flyover

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 07:01:58 AM »
As I have seen here and other places, play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

pop pop

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 05:25:56 AM »
Glad the law held for the homeowner, in this case. One should always be able to protect their homes, but in this upside down world one never knows.

Why I belong to the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Net(360-978-5200). Don't work for them but believe it is a worthwhile network to be a member of. For me, just like Homeowners Ins, IMO. Have it, but never want to use it.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 05:38:51 PM »
Glad the law held for the homeowner, in this case. One should always be able to protect their homes, but in this upside down world one never knows.

Why I belong to the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Net(360-978-5200). Don't work for them but believe it is a worthwhile network to be a member of. For me, just like Homeowners Ins, IMO. Have it, but never want to use it.

Thanks pop pop!
We've been looking around lately for some kind of homeowner's insurance.
I think I'll look into this organization.
Cheers!
Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Robert Harvey

• Rharvey
  • Administrator
    • The computer guy
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 06:11:34 PM »
I am a member also, besides the membership you get some great material to enhance your understanding of defense with a gun in these United States.
Time will tell.

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2016, 09:10:14 AM »
Glad to see there will be no charges, with hopes the family will have as much common sense and not try to sue for wrongful death,
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe