Author Topic: Idiot With “Concealed Carrier” Badge Charged In Church Killing  (Read 450 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
Re: Idiot With “Concealed Carrier” Badge Charged In Church Killing
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 07:12:21 AM »
Here in Vegas, we've been have shooting deaths near every day in the last couple months, have to wonder after reading another bad shooting, Are these shooting and lost lives done to help the anti-gun crowd achieve their agenda to have our rights infringed on, just seems suspicious to me who this erupted just before a new president is about to be elected, with Hillary's anti-gun views, and her past, I can't deny that she's capable of doing it
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Idiot With “Concealed Carrier” Badge Charged In Church Killing
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 07:58:33 AM »
Here in Vegas, we've been have shooting deaths near every day in the last couple months, have to wonder after reading another bad shooting, Are these shooting and lost lives done to help the anti-gun crowd achieve their agenda to have our rights infringed on, just seems suspicious to me who this erupted just before a new president is about to be elected, with Hillary's anti-gun views, and her past, I can't deny that she's capable of doing it
No, I don't believe that these shootings are intended to help the anti-gunners, although they certainty do.

In law enforcement, we had a term - badge heavy, which simply meant that when some people put on the badge it was like they went from Dr. Jeckle to Mr. Hyde and need to exercise some sort of superiority. However, that is not necessarily true in my opinion - Mr. Hyde already existed and the badge provided an excuse for the behavior - a feeling of dominion and power over others.

When I wore the badge, I fully understood what power I had - the power to remove a person's freedom by whatever means available to me. I took that responsibility very seriously. If I arrested someone, you can be fully assured that it was within the law, justified, and not based on emotions.

The shooter in this case was a bully and it is no more complicated than that.  He had a gun and was looking for an excuse to use it, even if he had to manufacture the excuse himself. These types hurt more than just the distorted image of lawful gun owners that anti-gunners are trying to portray.  Hopefully, the "real" authorities will put him in a place where fellow Mr. Hydes' exist.

I would not be surprised if someone tries to tag this as a "hate" crime due to the disparities in the participant's color.  There are just too many people with hard hearts these days. "Your rifle is only a tool. It is a hard heart that kills." - Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, Full Metal Jacket.
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.