Author Topic: The Frugal Expert Fewer Guns, More Expertise  (Read 789 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
The Frugal Expert Fewer Guns, More Expertise
« on: April 12, 2016, 10:38:59 AM »
There has been a saying, "Beware of the man with one gun..." for a long time and there is probably a long grain of truth in it.  For my part, my ownership of guns coincides with my love of doing reviews about them.  Unfortunately, I do not have a sponsor like Hickock45 and others where I can simply request a gun to try out and return it.  Sometimes, I am able to acquire a firearm from my local range, of which I am a member, but that doesn't mean that I get to spend an inordinate amount of time with it - any impressions that I get from the firearm has to be noted while at the range.  As with normal people, I may notice something about a particular firearm that had not been noticed before and that can only come from handling the firearm over a period of time.

With that said, I have considered paring what firearms I do have down to a few "acceptable" firearms. With that said, I can also select from among them which are to be the selected and regard those that remain as "investments" of sort.

The linked article is about a person who decided to rid himself of all but "essential" firearms.  That would be a hard row for me to hoe.

http://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/fewer-guns-more-expertise/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_campaign=269d202fc6-NL_4_11_16_Spl8&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_80d206af41-269d202fc6-289546977
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.