Author Topic: Heroic football player stops potentially lethal teacher attack  (Read 1466 times)

Coastie

Heroic football player stops potentially lethal teacher attack
« on: December 23, 2011, 06:25:25 AM »
http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Heroic-football-player-stops-potentially-lethal-?urn=highschool-wp10312

Heroic football player stops potentially lethal teacher attack

By all accounts, the attack looked like it would be lethal.
In the moments after the school bell rang, a 40-year-old teacher brutally attacked a fellow teacher. With screwdriver blows from English teacher Ronette Ricketts raining on the victim, fellow English teacher Cynthia Glozier, a varsity football player thought quick, relied on his athletic instincts and stopped the attack in its tracks.  (see link)

Willful

Re: Heroic football player stops potentially lethal teacher attack
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 06:32:44 AM »
Oh man, are we going to make the possesion of a screwdriver illegal on school property now?

GTG

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 06:37:14 AM »
Quite a 'dramatic' incident, not soon forgotten by all those whom witness it. G2G
'The illegal we do immediately; the unconstitutional takes a little longer.' Henry Kissinger

"A Nation Of Sheep Will Beget A Government Of Wolves" Edward D Murrow

"Either We Are A Country Of Laws With A Constitution, Or We Are A Banana Republic"

Coastie

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 06:51:10 AM »
Oh man, are we going to make the possesion of a screwdriver illegal on school property now?

I'm surprised they're not illegal now.  Guess the custodians tool box will have to have a padlock on it at all times and be bolted to his cart!

topowell

• North-Central MO
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 06:05:50 PM »
At the very least, we should ban those small, easily concealed screwdrivers!   :D

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 10:48:07 PM »
At the very least, we should ban those small, easily concealed screwdrivers!   :D
...And then there are those screwdrivers, the handles of which contain extra bits, sometimes as many as six.
What anybody needs six screwdriver bits for is beyond my understanding. They should be limited to no more than four bits, which is all anybody needs for home-repair purposes.
Those cheap, six-bit (pun intended) screwdrivers are good only for assaulting teachers.
We should do away with all assault screwdrivers!
When do we want it? Now!
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Coastie

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 11:16:11 PM »
Oh I like tghe 6-bit and I have some B&Ds that have more, many more....but the case
is a little large to conceal  ;)

Willful

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 05:34:15 AM »
Seriously though, big kudos to the kid who had the cojones to intervene, while everyone else just sat there not knowing what to do, or afraid to take action. We need more people who are willing to stand up for what is right!
Part of my personal mission statement reads:
"I am going to do what is right, because it is the right thing to do. No one can do anything to me that will change the difference between right and wrong. I choose to not be afraid to do what is right."

Coastie

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 09:14:30 AM »
Seriously though, big kudos to the kid who had the cojones to intervene, while everyone else just sat there not knowing what to do, or afraid to take action. We need more people who are willing to stand up for what is right!
Part of my personal mission statement reads:
"I am going to do what is right, because it is the right thing to do. No one can do anything to me that will change the difference between right and wrong. I choose to not be afraid to do what is right."

+110