Author Topic: How to Develop the Situational Awareness of Jason Bourne  (Read 1020 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: How to Develop the Situational Awareness of Jason Bourne
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 01:08:27 PM »
The essay to which you've linked us is both useful and a good read.
But the imp in me still has to have its say:
"If you want the situational awareness of Jason Bourne, you'll have to live in a movie script."
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, prśparet bellum."

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 01:48:34 PM »
..."If you want the situational awareness of Jason Bourne, you'll have to live in a movie script."

For the most part, that is probably true.  I do think; however, that at one time were were more 'situational aware' than what we are now.  We had an instinctual core that have since been erased because we feared less for our survival by giving to others some of that responsibility, but I think that the core is still with us. Adopting the OODA loop in our everyday lives is a good recall of those skills that we have lost to antiquity (IMHO).

May the force be with you!
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 05:24:25 PM »
..."If you want the situational awareness of Jason Bourne, you'll have to live in a movie script."

For the most part, that is probably true.  I do think; however, that at one time were were more 'situational aware' than what we are now.  We had an instinctual core that have since been erased because we feared less for our survival by giving to others some of that responsibility, but I think that the core is still with us. Adopting the OODA loop in our everyday lives is a good recall of those skills that we have lost to antiquity (IMHO).

May the force be with you!
I tend to agree with this assessment.

I sure hope so anyways, that part about a "core"...or as I like to call it, "hard wired" towards one thing or another.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 05:23:02 AM »
"Because law enforcement officers are usually the only ones shining flashlights down alleys and under cars, if youíre shining your light as you walk to your destination or back to your car, the bad guys are probably going to think youíre a cop and will likely just leave you alone."

Or they may ambush you because they're BLM supporters.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com