Author Topic: Gunstore Commando Pearls Of Wisdom  (Read 1066 times)

pop pop

Gunstore Commando Pearls Of Wisdom
« on: March 17, 2016, 05:13:10 AM »
1) Any gun will do. A NAA .22 revolver in a shirt pocket is OK, because it will hurt a bad guy enough to make him go away.
2) A .22Magnum NAA revolver is better, because it's more powerful.
3) A micro .380 in the bottom of a purse is better than a .45 in the safe at home.
4) Any .380 load is good, because bad guys don't want to be shot by anything.
5) The .45acp will still knock a guy on his keister, even if he's only hit in the arm, hand, or leg.
6) The 1911 simply will not feed hollow point ammo, because they weren't designed to.
7) The sound of a 'shotty' (I think that's a Mall Ninja term for shotgun) being 'racked' (I think that's a Chairborne Ranger term for cocking a pump shotgun) will cause the bad guy to vacate the premises, leaving a trail of fecal matter, making it easier to track him down.
8) A load of bird shot can be counted on, at across-the-room distances, to be as effective as a load of big buck or a slug.
9) A 12 or 20 gauge slug will blast through the average-size bad guy, go through walls, and hit the neighbor down the street.
10) A laser will instantly cause a bad guy to turn and run when he sees the red (or green) spot on his chest.
11) If the laser spot on the chest doesn't make him run, shining it in his eyes will impair his vision enough, you probably won't need to shoot him.
12) 2-shot derringers are all the gun needed; if you can't stop a bad guy with two shots--of a large enough caliber--then you're in real trouble.
13) A 5-shot snubby is all the gun needed; same reason as #12.
14) A .22 is plenty big enough, especially with a 10- or 12-round magazine; you just keep shooting until the bad guy falls or runs.
15) 'If I can hit a (pop can, beer can, whatever small target) at (10, 15, whatever distance) with my .22, I can shoot a bad guy in the face with it.'
16) Me: Let's point the gun away from the other customers.
 Him: It's OK, it ain't loaded; I'm pointing off to the side; my finger isn't on the trigger.
17) One of my favorites: 'I wanna buy a gun for the little woman. That one right there (always a little gun, revolver or semi-auto) will fit her fine.'; then, within a week or two, 'I brought the little woman in to pick out a gun she likes.'
18) Another favorite, three or four times in the last few months:
 Him: 'With all the bad things going on, I want to buy a gun to keep in the house.'
 Me: 'OK, would you like a revolver, or a semi-auto?'
 Him: 'I don't know; what's the difference?'

Of course, you guys know this is not good wisdom, don't you?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 04:58:29 AM by pop pop »

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: Gunstore Cmmaando Pearls Of Wisdom
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 07:29:44 AM »
If these are "pearls," I would like to know what they are feeding these oysters!
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: Gunstore Cmmaando Pearls Of Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 10:40:08 AM »
It's been a  while since I've heard gun store "wisdom" like these gems.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

pop pop

Re: Gunstore Commando Pearls Of Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 04:59:45 AM »
I am surprised they left out, "If you shoot him outside, then drag him inside,"  NOT.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: Gunstore Commando Pearls Of Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 06:12:56 AM »
Or how's about, "...save yer last round so you can shoot into yer ceiling.  That way you can claim ya fired a warning shot, at yer trial.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.