Author Topic: Placement Is Key  (Read 691 times)

pop pop

Placement Is Key
« on: March 17, 2016, 04:59:26 AM »
Got this from another site. I would remind everyone that in Self Defense, we don't shoot to kill, but to stop the threat.

Earlier this month, Tim Remington, a pastor in Coeur d’Alene, ID was gunned down after conducting his church’s worship service. Ironically, just the day before, he had given the invocation at an event that Ted Cruz was holding in the area. About 15 years ago, Tim founded a faith based addiction recovery program that has treated well over a thousand people in the area.

His attacker, a certifiable nut case, approached him from behind and shot him with a .45 ACP. He was hit a total of 8 times. One bullet hit his skull, but didn’t penetrate into the brain. He was in critical condition for several days, but is doing much better as of today. Many people would say that this pastor was lucky…I would say that he was BLESSED!!! I am sure that Pastor Tim would appreciate your prayers.

Anyway, so much for the notion that the .45 ACP is a one shot man-stopper. My guess is that because the shooter was, sadly, a former Marine, he was likely using a 1911, hence the 8 shots. For my money (and my life) I would prefer to carry a 9mm with twice the number of rounds...twice the chance to score a CNS hit.

CR Williams

• In Shadow In Light
Re: Placement Is Key
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 05:19:30 AM »
Placement is King, terminal effectiveness is Queen. Both get a say in effective shooting.
Shikan haramitsu dai ko myo.

In Shadow In Light - Studying and advancing the art and the science of the fight.

www.inshadowinlight.com

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Placement Is Key
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 02:18:00 PM »
OK. But who is Prince?

(I know. I know. He's an androgynous pop star, now long past his prime.)
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."