Author Topic: Trigger Pull!  (Read 529 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Trigger Pull!
« on: March 12, 2016, 09:34:26 AM »
There has been some interest in trigger pull (by comments regarding such) and how much trigger pull is acceptable for different firearms used for different reasons.

Here is a couple of good articles on the subject:

The truth about trigger weight: Part 1 of 2

and

The truth about trigger weight: Part 2 of 2
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
Re: Trigger Pull!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 02:25:37 PM »
The author says, in detail and with explanations, something that I have always said and explained...and in which I still believe solidly.
Both my personal experience, and my experience teaching beginners to shoot the pistol, makes me agree completely with him.

My "teaching pistol," for students who didn't have their own, is a M1911 in .45 ACP, with a 3.5-pound, "glass-rod" trigger.
Nobody I have ever coached or taught has ever had a negligent discharge that I've heard about, and certainly never had one while I was coaching any one of them.

Truth: I am the only one who has had a ND with this pistol (and its twin), and the single ND I accomplished had nothing at all to do with the weight of its trigger pull. (Further, my ND was completely harmless, because the gun was pointed in a safe direction.)
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."