Author Topic: Would You Defend A family Member...  (Read 866 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Would You Defend A family Member...
« on: March 11, 2016, 06:50:29 AM »
...who is being attacked?

This woman's son did - and now he is in jail!

Son Charged With Murder For Killing His Momís Attacker
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.

pop pop

Re: Would You Defend A family Member...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 10:26:31 AM »
Anyone who shoots another, in self defense, very well may spend time in jail while the authorities investigate. One may even have to stay in jail awaiting trial. There is no guarantee of bail, only a speedy trial, which could mean up to 2 years later.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 03:56:17 PM »
Anyone who shoots another, in self defense, very well may spend time in jail while the authorities investigate. One may even have to stay in jail awaiting trial. There is no guarantee of bail, only a speedy trial, which could mean up to 2 years later.
This is very true.
Right or wrong...justified or not, he who pulled the trigger weareth orange for a while...maybe a long while.

I told my wife a while back, that if I'm ever forced to use a firearm for our defense, to expect the legal system to drain us of what little we have in our old age.
She nodded.
She knows too.

Long before she and I met and married, she had been an adult education teacher at Montana State Prison.  That experience showed her some stuff that most people never experience.

With that knowledge, I vow to punish a wrongdoer with greater hatred IF I'm ever forced into a situation like that.
I'll be so mad at the fool, just for putting us in that legal nightmare, that I'll make sure he hurts extra pain.

Just sayin

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 03:41:15 AM »
The way the article reads, the teens hasn't been formally charged yet, but I don't agree with keeping him in jail, hopefully he will be freed soon
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe

pop pop

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 04:25:12 AM »
It takes real big money to get you out and to mount a good defense. Why I am a member of Armed Citizens Defense Network(360-978-5200). Well worth the expense for the peace of mind it brings. I hope and pray I never need to use their services.   

Hope thing goes well with your shoulder, crzyjarmans.