Author Topic: Someone tried to rob my friend  (Read 917 times)

kevinparker21

Someone tried to rob my friend
« on: December 22, 2011, 08:30:28 AM »
This past weekend my buddy was working at a fruit stand as a favor to an older gentleman.  He does not have a Carry License so he usually open carries.  He was helping a customer, who also had a friend with him.  My buddy believes they were just trying to distract him as the other guy loaded bags of pecans in the car.  When my buddy turned around he caught the guy.  Well the two guys jump in the car and take off.  My buddy ran through the store and ended up getting between the BG and the exit with gun drawn on the driver.  Fortunately they tossed the bags out and left but it could have turned out much worse.  The real eye opener for me was that these guys could clearly see he was armed but they didn't care.  I'm just glad they too weren't carrying and that he did not get hurt.  I have gotten this guy interested in guns but for some reason he doesn't feel it necessary to get his carry license.  I am still working on him but not being over bearing.

On a side note-I am more excited about what I gave my dad for Christmas than anybody else.  I took him down to the Courthouse and paid for his concealment license and then signed both of us up for the defensive handgun class the the police department puts on.  Only thing left for him to do is get himself a decent gun.  Right now he carries a 38 snub nose revolver but wanting him to get something a little more concealable.  I've talked with several of his congregation (he is a pastor) and they said they would love to know that their pastor is carrying while on the pulpit.
I shoot with my family, but most of all I shoot FOR my family.

elsiepea

• Runs with scissors
Re: Someone tried to rob my friend
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 09:31:35 AM »
You guys in Georgia sure take your pecans seriously.

If it had been peaches, he probably would have unloaded.
I am Sofa King! Stupid!

Coastie

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 09:39:55 AM »
Did you stop the BGs or did they take the vehicle?  A good xmas preent, one I hope he renews...

Sometimes when TSHTF as it did then. that's the best time to complete what you always wanted to do. 

MilProGuy

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 02:44:43 PM »
How stupid were these miscreants to attempt to steal pecans from an armed clerk?

(Rhetorical question...I already know the answer!)
Proud Veteran of the U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired