Author Topic: Freedom Arms Lawsuit!  (Read 1432 times)

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Freedom Arms Lawsuit!
« on: February 22, 2016, 02:08:18 PM »
The company that made the rifle used to kill 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012 says a wrongful death lawsuit filed by some of the victims' families should be dismissed:

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/sandy-hook-mom-suing-gun-company-save-other-173005178--abc-news-topstories.html
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
Re: Freedom Arms Lawsuit!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 07:12:23 PM »
Yeah well...
A few of us on planet earth know that a gun of any type has no volition of its own, and cannot be responsible, in and of itself.

This whole "lawsuit" is moot, unless ya see it as lazy do-nothings looking to get rich from public opinion. 

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

M1911A1

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 08:54:14 PM »
...This whole "lawsuit" is moot, unless ya see it as lazy do-nothings looking to get rich from public opinion.

Actually, this particular lawsuit seeks to overturn the federal law that protects weapons manufacturers from lawsuits such as this.
The plaintiffs see their suit as a means of putting gun manufacturers out of business.

They may be attempting to end up in the Supreme Court soon after Hillary or Bernie has appointed the new Progressive-activist judge (or, Heaven help us, judges).
Steve,
retired leathersmith and practical shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 09:00:58 PM »
Ok.
I was a bit "over the top" in my response.

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

crzyjarmans

• Fewer words carry a great weight than someone who never stops talking
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 11:24:01 AM »
If it goes though that someone can sue the manufacturer of a firearm, then we should be able to sue McDonalds for making us fat and end up with diabetes, and be able to sue car manufacturers for people that use their brand to run over people, this makes as much sense as with the firearms, right?
Shawn, Stay armed, Stay safe

Taurian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 12:45:30 PM »
If it goes though that someone can sue the manufacturer of a firearm, then we should be able to sue McDonalds for making us fat and end up with diabetes, and be able to sue car manufacturers for people that use their brand to run over people, this makes as much sense as with the firearms, right?

Don't forget cell phone manufactures; their products make us walk off cliffs, into walls, crash motorcycles while taking selfies, etc. I don't know how many times that I wanted to sue BIC for all the stupid stuff that I have written over the years. Dell computers! Oh, my!  If it wasn't for them I would not be writing this, but I do have to attribute a lot of this to Microsoft for providing the program to do so. And, I need to sue Al Gore for inventing the internet, which has made all things possible. AND, then there is...
The fact that the GOVERNMENT would even consider removing the natural right to bear arms is the very reason why the 2nd Amendment was written.