Author Topic: VTAC 2 point sling  (Read 658 times)

oldranger53

• The Ranger Creed-words to live by
  • 2/503d INF ABN 173d BDE ABN
    • Temporary website home with basic information.
VTAC 2 point sling
« on: February 17, 2016, 09:37:50 AM »
Got my new sling in the mail yesterday afternoon.

Haven't had a real chance to do anything more than install it, and do a preliminary fit and functional check.

Here's a link to search results for this sling....

http://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&ei=EK3EVsrVNIGwjQOxvJmYCw&q=vtac+wide+padded+battlesling&oq=&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.2.41l3.0.0.0.19866.1.1.0.0.0.0.325.325.3-1.1.0....0...1c..64.mobile-gws-hp..0.1.325.3.ssCTSMxOMss

My first impressions, after only a few minutes of inspection and trial fit and function go like this...

The quality of components is very high.

The workmanship is very good.

Weight of the weapon is distributed very well.

Adjustments are FAST, and intuitive.

Zero modifications are required for proper fit to the weapon.

...and I have high anticipation and hope for a splendid working relationship with this sling into the overall system.

I do have one concern.
I am wondering if the barrel attach point will heat up to the level where the sling may possibly melt.  ???

I have a swivel adapter that I CAN use.  That would put more distance between the webbing and the barrel proper.  BUT the swivel adapter will also introduce NOISE, that I don't want.
Truly, my days of approaching sentries on perimeter are wayyyyyyyy behind me, but noise is still bothersome.

We shall see.

Thoughts?

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be.  One hundred percent and then some.

Taurian

• Global Moderator
Re: VTAC 2 point sling
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 11:18:51 AM »
...I do have one concern.
I am wondering if the barrel attach point will heat up to the level where the sling may possibly melt.  ???

I have a swivel adapter that I CAN use.  That would put more distance between the webbing and the barrel proper.  BUT the swivel adapter will also introduce NOISE, that I don't want.
Truly, my days of approaching sentries on perimeter are wayyyyyyyy behind me, but noise is still bothersome.

We shall see.

Thoughts?

<Sent from phone. Typos possible.>

That's a nice sling you have there!

Unless you are putting an inordinate amount of ammunition down range where the barrel is glowing red hot, I would not worry about the sling melting (nylon material) since it is away from the barrel.

I have this sling (http://guntoters.com/blog/2015/08/18/condor-speedy-2-point-sling/) on my MSRs and Beretta CX4 Storm using QD sling mounts.

I don't worry much about noise any more. At my age, I rarely go in "Ninja" mode.

I'm considering another one of these (http://guntoters.com/blog/2014/11/29/slingn-a-review-of-the-ncstar-aaksb-aksks-sling-black/) for the RAS47.  I like my slings easily detachable/attachable as I can move them quickly from firearm to firearm as needed. The leather attachment would also keep things quieter over a metal clip-type attachment. 
What most 21st Century Americans simply do not grasp is that the Constitution and Bill of Rights were not written to to give rights to the citizens of our then-new nation, but was instead written to tightly constrain the federal government.